New Low Bass Tuning Fix for RS Toolkit!

Sick of manually fixing low bass tuning recognition? Use this tool!

See the low tuning problem explained here : http://customsforge.com/topic/5227-5-strings-bass-and-low-note-recognition/

Great tool for metal songs, as many need this fix (anything below C1 tuning).

http://i.imgur.com/RViJpas.png

Instructions

1. Download the latest test version of RS Toolkit
  2.  Go to the DLC packer/unpacker tab.
  3.  Select your options (all are optional).
    • Quick Fix - Saves the working directory and fixed package in the same directory as the source package. The fixed package will be named the same as the source package, appended with "_bassfix".
    • Delete Source File - deletes the source package. Useful for using the tool inside of your Rocksmith DLC directory.
  4. Select the unfixed, source package. If quick fix was not selected, choose the directory to save the working/package guts directory, and also choose where to save/name the fixed file.
  5. Enjoy your working bass tuning! 

Known bugs:

• Button doesn't enable after getting "Package already has bass fix (220hz)"
  • PS3 package may fail to generate.

Thanks to:
Customsforge, RS Toolkit devs, charters, and Alex360.

• Like 9

So this fix does add the +12 to the tuning set in EOF and does also change the frequency to 220 right?

Basically we can leave now when having a B standard tuning in EOF the strings to -5, this fix will than add the +12 and set in the toolkit the frequency to 220 Hz right?

• Like 1

So this fix does add the +12 to the tuning set in EOF and does also change the frequency to 220 right?

Basically we can leave now when having a B standard tuning in EOF the strings to -5, this fix will than add the +12 and set in the toolkit the frequency to 220 Hz right?

Yes, that's exactly what it does. If the song already is at 220 hz for the bass track, it will abort (and leave the tunings where they are). 

However, whenever generating a package normally (aka creating a CDLC for the first time), the code changes I did have no effect on that. (but you could easily run that generated package through this tool.) In the future, when I have more time, I may add code that asks the user, when they have a bass tuning below C1, if they want to apply the fix before they generate the package.

• Like 2

Does it work for guitar in AADGBE ? it would be so nice !

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

• Administrator

I don't think it will but you can still do it yourself. Though i'm curious about the tuning and the number of string for a guitar to go as low as A0 that would mean something like -20 compared to a E standard...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The latest version of the Toolkit won't open on Mac.  Just bounces in the dock for about 10 minutes until it pops up and asks for the admin password to take control of another process for debugging.

Previous version works just fine.  Doesn't matter much to me (since all I do is convert files with it), but I thought I would let you know.

• Like 1

The latest version of the Toolkit won't open on Mac.  Just bounces in the dock for about 10 minutes until it pops up and asks for the admin password to take control of another process for debugging.

Previous version works just fine.  Doesn't matter much to me (since all I do is convert files with it), but I thought I would let you know.

This doesn't surprise me too much, from what I remember the Toolkit has been basically unsupported for Mac through a certain version (correct me if I am wrong).

• Like 1

As with all previous versions, some things work, some don't.  Packing/unpacking has always been hit or miss.  However, they've all opened previously, and converting PC to Mac usually works fine (except when the actual custom has a problem).  AppID updating works fine in previous versions as well.

@@Wepeel, all beta toolkit is "Debug" version as I can remember, so it could affect mono Framework more than any windows build. But anyway it's win orientated, you know :)

@, I can add tone import form for you to select which tone you'd like to import instead of just grab all the things and throw in to your project.

• Like 1

For those who need CLI converter for dlc, there is present dlcconverter.exe in RSToolkit folder, so you can use it

like:

$ mono dlcconverter.exe --sp Pc --tp Mac --appid 248750 --input your_path_to_PC_cdlc_Folder_or_File

It should work faster for you, than use gui for just converting one thing to another :)

I can't get this to work so far... tried it on a few songs that were using Low C1 for the Fat String but with issues detecting a % of the time...

I know D Drop C / C Standard for eg is meant to be fine in-game but often it is not 100%...

I GET A HUGE + ERROR POPUP... EW!!!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

you want to know the popup i get?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I have no ideea what I am doing wrong.

In gp5 the tuning is BEAD, in EoF the tuning is set with that number 7, the name of the string is the same BEAD, in toolkit the number 7 is present in tuning, I select pitch at 220, but in game the tuning doesn't work. 

I even installed this tuning fix and tried it, and it said that "This song is already at 220hz pitch (bass fixed applied already?"

Tuning still doesnt' wok. I have a 5 string bass, so floppy strings is no problem, also other custom songs with B standard tuning are working with no problems at all.

Please, help, my head is exploding :)) I am trying this for several hours, read several topics, still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? 

KoKozula was here ...

• 6 months later...

I recently tried this bass fix, but it didn't work.

Anyway I'm used to doing it manually,

adding fixed B tunings (+12 to the values) in the "Edit Arrangement", 

and calling them B or Bbtuning Fix ( with +5, +6 values) 

Then I enter the 220HZ tuning pitch. So far, so good.

But every time I edit the arrangement, i.e to change the tone,

the toning pitch sets back to 440hz, which is quite annoying, and can be overlooked.

Is it possible to correct this, and keep/save the 220hz value? 

I'm also wondering if those low tunings for RS2014 should have the +12 already set,

as without the fix, they seem useless to me.

I didn't meet other tunings with +6 or +7 above E-tuning

so they should switch automatically to 220hz.

Which then would make the Low bass tuning patch irrelevant.

@@TomSawyer2112, I knovv it's bugging me too, I'm doing some fixes for it, hope I'll finish it today, also I'm introducing nevv naming function that vvill  name it like real tunuing ({E} standard, {Eb} Drop {Db}, Open {G}, by strings like celtic DADGAD)

that's m plans

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like I'm not the only one it didn't work for.

I don't know the first thing about CDLC creation, but was hoping that this would be simple enough that I'd be able to fix some of the CDLC that I downloaded that are B standard and labeled as "custom tuning" CDLCs that don't work. The authors aren't around, and I obviously don't have the source files.

Is there anyone willing and able to extract and fix existing CDLC if it's possible?

Is there a thread to submit such requests?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

This tool used to work for me, I played Ab standard bass without any problems.

Then suddenly I had a new CDLC, I used the bassfix, I went to the song in the song list and the game froze.

I tried it with other CDLC and all bassfixed CDLC make it freeze.

After some time I had a new hard drive so I had to reinstall Rocksmith 2014.

I tried the bassfix again and once again it crashed Rocksmith.

Now I got a new PC, I try the bassfix again, maybe it was my old PC.

Same issue, once I move over the song it freezes.

Today I've been working on a special CDLC, I put bass inside of the rhythm part so I can use a 5 string bass.

I couldn't tune it down to low A, so I tried the bassfix.

It gave me this error first http://prntscr.com/8gmblk

Then I tried it again with Quick Fix and that gave me a bassfix file.

I put that file in my DLC folder and moving on it made the game freeze again.

Can this be fixed or is there another way how we can fix it manually or so?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy