Fretboard - Wallpaper?

Hostilian

I've posted an earlier version of this previously - though not in it's own topic.

Maybe it will help someone; I use it as a desktop wallpaper..

Basically it's all the notes on a Fretboard (EStd tuning). I thought the ones I could find online were, well, a bit crap - so I did my own.

This is updated with a higher res, scales and a graphic..

Update... v7

Changed background to Black. Shouldn't blind you anymore..  :)

Previous one is in same public folder..

Cheers,

H

FretBoard%20NP%20V7.jpg

Link to reversed image (with low E at top and high e at bottom).

Right click and 'view original' to get high res version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32b3a7xy4yye42c/FretBoard%20NP%20V5flip.jpg?dl=0

• Like 6

it looks awsome and it will will help me for sure,(trying to learn theory)but it seems like i cant do anything with the pic except zooming in :/

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

When it's zoomed, scroll all the way to the right and look at the bottom of the image. It will have 'Save' just above the 'close' button. Simply click on that, zoom again, right click and select 'save image as' as normal ;)

tris

my firefox is always in window mode so i didnt see it > <

thx!

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

When it's zoomed, scroll all the way to the right and look at the bottom of the image. It will have 'Save' just above the 'close' button. Simply click on that, zoom again, right click and select 'save image as' as normal ;)

tris

my firefox is always in window mode so i didnt see it > <

thx!

No problem ;)

tris

You should be able to see the patterns, if you look closely.

I find the colours make it easier.. :)

From 'E' string, Octave is diagonal across 3 strings - except when going onto the 'e' and 'B' strings, as they are skewed one extra semitone (one fret) to the right..

How about this picture of an A Major Scale:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/43f1/7us5aujo42d1sjwbg.jpg?size_id=6

Looks great, isn't it. What's best its a free scale generator, where you can add other notes freely and save the generated picture.

So you can change your desktop wallpaper. B)

Give it a try at http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/scalegenerator/

I edited a blues scale up & down and imbed the image here

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/images/scales/gmcscale__e10000001010100_b0000001010000_g0001010100000_d0001010000000_a0101010000000_e60101000000000.jpg

Going up you slide to each D

Going down you slide to each A#, and after the last lower note F you replay the G

I also made a colored Guitar Fret in Excel

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Thanks for sharing! I've been using a similar print out to work on my scales. However, I've been looking and have been unable to find one with starting with the Low E at the top. Basically a vertically flipped version of this. In my opinion, it would be a lot easier to look at the diagram as if you are looking through the back of the guitar neck and into the strings, similar to how the display in RS 2014 works.

Being that you made this, if you could do an image in the fashion described above.. I would be forever indebted to you! Either way, thanks for sharing this wallpaper.. much appreciated!

Thanks for sharing! I've been using a similar print out to work on my scales. However, I've been looking and have been unable to find one with starting with the Low E at the top. Basically a vertically flipped version of this. In my opinion, it would be a lot easier to look at the diagram as if you are looking through the back of the guitar neck and into the strings, similar to how the display in RS 2014 works.

Being that you made this, if you could do an image in the fashion described above.. I would be forever indebted to you! Either way, thanks for sharing this wallpaper.. much appreciated!

@mmoreda

No problem. See new link below the main image..

Cheers,

H

• Like 1