Guitar Straps

AbadMonster

I use 4" Italia Leather straps for my basses and guitars. I have a bunch in different color combos. Though I mostly use only two or three of them, as I have Dunlop Straplocks on all my basses, except the Stingray, so I usually use the same strap I've used for years when I grab a bass to play. The 'Ray has it's own, Black 4" strap. :)

http://www.italiastraps.com/

• Developer

I use an automobile seat belt cover that is black and well padded.  It wraps around your guitar strap and is held on with velcro.  It slides to any position you want.  Very cozy.  You can find these at a larger autoparts store.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Anyone out there have unique guitar straps that they use and would like to share pics of or boast about?

Personally I just use a black nylon strap... $10.00 at the music store :mrgreen:

Yup - just a cheapo black nylon straps for me too (but keep meaning to change them as I'm fed up with them squeaking)

I just use plastic Dunlop straplocks ( youtu.be/h4QlNqxSgJM ) on my guitars - cheap as chips, no modding the guitars, and pretty secure (but then I don't throw mine around)

I've been using the same strap for the past 20 years. I don't know how I got it. It was used when it found me. It's very stiff leather, 4 in wide, doesn't slip the strap buttons, and stands up to being switched between my guitar and bass. It's kind of a creamish color though once it was white. Extremely comfortable and durable. Wish I knew who made it

I decided to get another one because I previously had 1 guitar strap to share amongst 3 guitars. Cost me just under 2 quid and I went for another boring black one lol.

I was thinking about getting one of those Police Line Do Not Cross ones because I like the look of them but I'm a skinflint lmfao  :-P

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to get another one because I previously had 1 guitar strap to share amongst 3 guitars. Cost me just under 2 quid and I went for another boring black one lol.

I was thinking about getting one of those Police Line Do Not Cross ones because I like the look of them but I'm a skinflint lmfao  :-P

I have this my Dad got it for me love it.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rhb42b.jpg

• Like 1

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.

• 1 month later...

On a similar note, strap locks are an cheap but important buy, as my best mate (who didn't have any) will testify.  If you don't want to spend any money use the rubber grommets from Grolsch beer bottles.  Better safe than sorry? 

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

A locking strap from a brand I'll look up tomorrow. Even half broken it works well. The nylon cheapos are nice though. Ernie ball in particular. I have  a busted ass carvin strap. All the padding turned to dust years ago.  And for my bass I use an Ibanez foam padded strap. I can rock like fleaish with that strap. Easy movement of the bass. Disclaimer: I can't actually play like flea...