Amplitube 3, who uses it and who can explain it to me like I'm 8 years old

AtGame7

So, a couple more Amplitube questions, and for the record I'm enjoying using it very much.  I even got the iPhone app as well.

1.  Using Amplitube Slash, which of the presets would be best for Knockin on Heaven's Door?  To me "Clean JCM" sounds closest.

2.  When using the Iphone app I'm getting a ton of feedback when I plug into an amp, is it because I'm using a 1/8 MONO to 1/4 MONO cable when I should be using a stereo out cable?

Thanks again for all the help!

What input are you using to connect your guitar to your iPhone?  You need something like the iRig, iRig HD or iRig Pro.  If not, it's just using your phone's mic, which could be why you have feedback.

Using the standard IRig.  To connect to an amp/speakers I'm thinking I should have 1/8 STEREO to 1/4 MONO and I'm using MONO on both ends, Could that be the problem?  I don't get any feedback when I play through headphones.

You can use your Rocksmith realtone cable, and you wouldn't need any pedals to start.  They sell optional "accessories" like the stealth pedal (acts like a wah pedal or volume pedal), the iRig Blueboard (acts like a 4 pedal pedalboard, where you can assign each button on the Blueboard to control a pedal inside Amplitube), and some other accessories.

None of the accessories are needed to start though, as everything can be controlled with your keyboard and mouse.

I would suggest starting with Amplitube 3, as it contains all of the other versions of Amplitube (Amplitube Fender, Amplitube Metal, Amplitube Jimi Hendrix, etc). 

Looking at the gear included with Amplitube 3 (looking at the desktop pc version quoted "The Full Flagship Version")

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube/index.php?pp=amplitube-3-gear

it only contains the metal and old jimi hendrix packs, then you have to buy the other packs:

AmpliTube Orange (8 in the pack, only 5 included in AT3)

AmpliTube Fender (12 in pack, only 6 included in AT3)

Ampeg SVX (not included in AT3)

AmpliTube Slash etc.... (not included in AT3)

It is only 80euro at the moment instead of 160 which is good, but at full price I would have thought the other packs would be in there.

Though I'm a bargain hunter and a bit tight with my money, so have high expectations as it's a good value modeling pack.

Would be Amplitube 3 be useable with Mixcraft 6 too?

Thought I'd ask, as some of us use it I expect :)

By having Amplitube connected up to your amp do you mean guitar amp or conventional stereo amp and speakers?

tris

What input are you using to connect your guitar to your iPhone?  You need something like the iRig, iRig HD or iRig Pro.  If not, it's just using your phone's mic, which could be why you have feedback.

Using the standard IRig.  To connect to an amp/speakers I'm thinking I should have 1/8 STEREO to 1/4 MONO and I'm using MONO on both ends, Could that be the problem?  I don't get any feedback when I play through headphones.

I guess if you're willing to buy another cable it can't hurt to try.

However, I'm wondering if it's because you might have a 2-way cable.  Meaning the cable is capable of sending both an output and receiving and input at the same time.

I used to use my iRig HD and Amplitube with my Roland Micro Cube amp and whenever I would try to use the 1/8" cable that came with the amp I would get feedback and interference.  But using the seemingly same 1/8" cable that came with something else it would work fine.  

It wasn't until I found out that the Roland cable was a 2-way cable meant to be used with their Cube Jam app (for recording and playback at the same time) that I realized that was the problem.

You can use your Rocksmith realtone cable, and you wouldn't need any pedals to start.  They sell optional "accessories" like the stealth pedal (acts like a wah pedal or volume pedal), the iRig Blueboard (acts like a 4 pedal pedalboard, where you can assign each button on the Blueboard to control a pedal inside Amplitube), and some other accessories.

None of the accessories are needed to start though, as everything can be controlled with your keyboard and mouse.

I would suggest starting with Amplitube 3, as it contains all of the other versions of Amplitube (Amplitube Fender, Amplitube Metal, Amplitube Jimi Hendrix, etc). 

Looking at the gear included with Amplitube 3 (looking at the desktop pc version quoted "The Full Flagship Version")

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube/index.php?pp=amplitube-3-gear

it only contains the metal and old jimi hendrix packs, then you have to buy the other packs:

AmpliTube Orange (8 in the pack, only 5 included in AT3)

AmpliTube Fender (12 in pack, only 6 included in AT3)

Ampeg SVX (not included in AT3)

AmpliTube Slash etc.... (not included in AT3)

It is only 80euro at the moment instead of 160 which is good, but at full price I would have thought the other packs would be in there.

Though I'm a bargain hunter and a bit tight with my money, so have high expectations as it's a good value modeling pack.

Would be Amplitube 3 be useable with Mixcraft 6 too?

Thought I'd ask, as some of us use it I expect :)

By having Amplitube connected up to your amp do you mean guitar amp or conventional stereo amp and speakers?

tris

A google search suggests that you can open up the Amplitube VST files inside Mixcraft by adding them through the preferences menu.

As for an amp, I used to play through a Roland Micro Cube but decided to sell it after fixing my old Fender Frontman which has a better, less processed (or less digital) sound.  I now play Amplitube/Rocksmith through my Mac Mini or MB through a nice pair of Klipsch 2.1 speakers or through my Denon 7.1 receiver.  If I go portable, I use my Marley Roots Rock portable speaker.