Include Rocksmith retail songs in CDLC Search

Azrael

Question

It is great to see the official DLC in our CLDC Search, so the non-DLC songs included in the retail game should be added to the search as well.

A CLDC of a song that is part of the retail game was just submitted to the database... maybe the problem is that some retail songs only show up as a reward for completing missions ingame?

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

9 answers to this question

The bonus songs unlocked from completing missions are just that, bonus. They're relatively unknown songs by relatively unknown bands, which the developers are fans or part of. The songs that get uploaded are not those.

I'd say the issue with displaying official 'on-disc' songs in the search is that DLC is incremental, so you don't start with it. The songs that are official DLC change (as in increase) in time, and people don't start with them, so it makes sense for them to be added both to promote and to communicate that those are NOW officially done.

The setlist for the 'disc' is static, it has not and will not change since the release - and everyone has them, everyone should at least know the big songs in the setlist. To me, the more intuitive and ideal solution would be people should just check the official setlist of Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 on Wikipedia before working on a really mainstream song that they're not sure about. (Or just load up the game and check.)

I feel adding the setlist is not a solution to this pretty rare problem, and even if it was done some people (no one specifically, just in general) would end up ignoring it anyway. Just my two cents.

I've always got the multitracks.

• Like 1

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

On a related topic... it seems to me that RS 1 DLC cannot be found in the search either.

Would be neat to add them as well, if it is not too much trouble :-)

Does it bump the thread when I edit my post?

I will just repeat my request to include ALL the official content in the search engine. While it seems it was immediately deleted, a RS1 DLC was just posted to the database (Judas Priest - Breaking The Law).

Edited by Azrael
  • Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

No, editing does not bump... so here you go:

I will just repeat my request to include ALL the official content in the search engine. While it seems it was immediately deleted, a RS1 DLC was just posted to the database (Judas Priest - Breaking The Law).

I'm pretty sure that would not have happened if the song could have been found in the database in the first place :-)

• Administrator

No, editing does not bump... so here you go:

I'm pretty sure that would not have happened if the song could have been found in the database in the first place :-)

It shouldn't be our fault though, it's not that hard to check http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/music/

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I'm not saying it is your fault, but I understand it may seem like I'm implying that :-)

You should see it the other way around: as a compliment!

1. This site is the source for all our Rocksmith needs

2. Rocksmith2014 DLC are shown

3. People are lazy

The result is that users may forget the necessity to check other sources, because they get used to this site beeing their only source ;-)

I guess the process of including all the remaining songs cannot be automated, so the problem is the amount of work?

• Like 2

Couldn't you just add a link to the official list on the submission page?

Something at the top that reads along the lines of "Remember, no posting of official DLC.  Please check [link to the official dlc] to make sure the custom you are about to post has not been officially released."

Then no extra work needs to be done to maintain the list.  I'm sure the wording could be better, but you get the idea.