Your favourite artist

Bacon

Question

Hey guys, just wondering what your favourite artists were. If you could say what was THE FIRST song that got you into the band  that would be awesome. 

I'll get the ball rolling:

Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Heard that on one of my Dad's CDs when I was about 7, and been hooked ever since

Demon Hunter... no question about it... the first song that got me into them is a toss up between the 2 songs I first heard from them, which are.....

"My Throat is an Open Grave" & "Infected," both songs are off their debut self-titled album, and at the time... they didn't want anyone to know who they were... so they all wore bandanas over nose and mouth, and have no names associated to who they were in the band.

Talk louder.....I'm blind you moron......

My favourite artist is Steve Vai For the love of god got me hooked when i was 15.Surfing with the Alien by Satch made me want to start playing the guitar i think i was 7 when i first heard it (though i didn't start till i was 15 *idiot*).But the earliest song i can remember getting into was Mouth For War by pantera when i was like 3 still love the album immensely. 

For a number of reasons, Warren Zevon.  His music was great, but so was he.  The man was a genius and much like everyone who thought and acted on a different level than the majority of us, he was often misunderstood.

His music never got the credit it deserved, which is sad since he's been gone 10 years now.

He certainly had his demons and is not without blame for the heartache he went through in this life.  The was also a dark side to him, of course.  I mean, who writes songs about their own mortality after being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer?

I wish he was still alive, I missed his last performance here in Pittsburgh which I will always regret.  I wish more people understood him.

R.I.P Warren. 

A not very well known band called Patent Pending, One Less Heart To Break was the first song to get me into them. Green Day and Bowling For Soup are both close behind them (St Jimmy and Girl All The Bad Guys Want were the songs to get me into those)

• The Clash
  • The Smiths
  • The Doors
  • Missisippi Fred McDowell
  • Nirvana
  • Black Sabbath
  • The Beatles
  • Dinosaur Jr

but ask me on another day and there could be 5 alternative choices (The Clash would still be number one though!)

Track that got me into The Clash was probably Police & Thieves from the debut album.

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

• Administrator

System Of A Down, followed closely by Tool and Tripp Fontaine

First song I heard was the Suite-Pee demo, my older brother had the tapes and that's how I got into em 

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

Steven Wilson - Porcupine Tree - "Waiting". Fell in love immediately. Only got better the more of his work I listened to.

The others I grew up with are all either in, or headed for, the Old Folks Home. Hmmm... I guess that's means I am, too,

I have to say, I am SO glad I started listening to Pandora. That's where I discovered Buckethead, Satriani, Hypnogaja, The Pineapple Thief, etc. it's like meeting a psychic who knows all the bands you would like just by finding out a few songs you like. I'm impressed with the Music Genome Project.