String Noise

metalmark72

Question

Has anyone had any problem with string noise with RS  2014??  RS 1 has no string noise,  It sounds great through my pc and what ever speakers are hooked up or headphones but RS  14  has terrible string noise.  I"M surprised I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem..

Any body know how I can fix this? 

please let me know!! 

thank you fellow rockers >> :cool:

5 answers to this question

Go to calibrate your guitar with Rocksmith. (When you go to "make noise" and mute the strings after). After you finish making noise, and it says to mute the strings, mute them but take your hands off the strings once all the noise is drowned out. That way, when you're idling, your guitar will no long be making idle noise (if you continued to mute the strings with your hand during calibration, you will be making the strings extra sensitive to ambient noise). Not sure how much of a better explanation I give, but I hope this helps out.

Check out my Projects List. Yay!

If you need assistance creating lyrics to a song or want to make a collab with me on any Rock, Metal, JRock or JPop song, feel free to ask me!

Go to calibrate your guitar with Rocksmith. (When you go to "make noise" and mute the strings after). After you finish making noise, and it says to mute the strings, mute them but take your hands off the strings once all the noise is drowned out. That way, when you're idling, your guitar will no long be making idle noise (if you continued to mute the strings with your hand during calibration, you will be making the strings extra sensitive to ambient noise). Not sure how much of a better explanation I give, but I hope this helps out.

This worked for me in the past, and has become what I also advise people to do. 

If you find that you still have some ambient noise, then mute the strings a little less when you recalibrate

• Like 1

This worked for me in the past, and has become what I also advise people to do. 

If you find that you still have some ambient noise, then mute the strings a little less when you recalibrate

Interesting, i'm going to try this. I have the same problem. Thanks!