Error importing GPA file into EOF

Diabulous

There is some kind of error with that GPA file, around 2m47s (somewhere along the lines of 1/12 measure before the end of measure 70 or 71). It defines the same note as being at two different timestamps. If you can try to clean up (erase sync points and resync) that part of the GPA file, try exporting it again to see if EOF will accept it.

There is some kind of error with that GPA file, around 2m47s (somewhere along the lines of 1/12 measure before the end of measure 70 or 71). It defines the same note as being at two different timestamps. If you can try to clean up (erase sync points and resync) that part of the GPA file, try exporting it again to see if EOF will accept it.

Thank you so much i had an extra link attached to no note. thank you.

Hi guys i am having a promblem with importing the .xml file from Go Playalong to EOF as when i try to import it , it says "Error: Malformed Go Playalong file. Aborting" any help on this problem would be amazing.

I also often have the same problem...

My quick Fix...the easy way...after Error:

- save the Project

- go to exit EoF!!!

- start EoF again and load the same Project with notes.eof

- import the GPA XML again!

Import worked now ;)

If re-loading the project and re-importing resolved it, there was probably a different cause for the problem (ie. not an error in the GPA XML file).

are you sure? Its a different problem maybe, but the same Message.

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/k4lr-bu-42e7.jpg

... and then, my reload Steps...and the Import worked 100 %

Unfortunately, I have the problem more often :angry:

Edit

O.K. watch my small "Workaround"

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/k4lr-hi-f29c.jpg

I'm going to change the GPA import to ignore sync points that have this problem (defined out of order). EOF's log file will indicate whether it's the order issue or if the XML file is actually malformed. Otherwise I'd need the GPA XML file to determine if it's the same issue.

• Like 1

I'm going to change the GPA import to ignore sync points that have this problem (defined out of order). EOF's log file will indicate whether it's the order issue or if the XML file is actually malformed. Otherwise I'd need the GPA XML file to determine if it's the same issue.

you're right! I confirm, my Problem are Sync points "out of order"

...from my eof_log.txt

:

:

580:     Importing Guitar Pro file

580: eof_load_gp() entered

580:     Parsing Go PlayAlong file

580:         Sync points out of order.  Aborting

580: Cleaning up beats

580: eof_truncate_chart() entered

580:     Deleting beats

:

:

I send you my files for comparison via PM, if you need it
Thank you for your efforts!

It's really weird, I was able to just open a blank project (what I usually do for a quick GP or GPA import test) and it imported the GPA file with no complaints. I honestly can't think of how the sync points out of order error could be reached when loading an XML file one time, but not again when loading the same file later. At the very least, the next hotfix will probably silently ignore this type of error if it comes up.