Issues with EOF and 16th notes

Kremlin Janitor

Question

i recently ran into an issue with EOF while charting a song. 

The section is guitar pro look like this http://imgur.com/brSNeBy

which translates fine in EOF as seen here http://imgur.com/mE5OcNA

but for some reason when the song gets to this point with more 16th notes http://imgur.com/MmY9RUn

EOF spreads them out way more than they should be http://imgur.com/gBebNcn

Any ideas on how to fix this?

22 answers to this question

You can see that first notes going with 4/4 time signature and your issues with 5/8 time signature, so EOF won't read those time sig changes from tabs, use 4/4 only :P

EOF is able to manage multiple time signatures in the same track (you just need to answer "Yes" to the question : "import time signatures from the guitar pro tab ?") ...

EOF is able to manage multiple time signatures in the same track (you just need to answer "Yes" to the question : "import time signatures from the guitar pro tab ?") ...

Never worked for me :(

Even if I say yes to all bloody things EOF will ask me >_>

Raynebc already clarified there is no issue the time signatures between the two areas is different that's why they appear spaced out. I hadn't viewed your image links before posting my earlier reply. If they are supposed to be all squished up then change the 5/8 to 4/4 in either EOF or the gp file

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Raynebc already clarified there is no issue the time signatures between the two areas is different that's why they appear spaced out. I hadn't viewed your image links before posting my earlier reply. If they are supposed to be all squished up then change the 5/8 to 4/4 in either EOF or the gp file

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah doing that didn't help it either. I'll just move on to another song and see if something can be done about it later. Appreciate the help though.

Without files, it's hard to know what you mean. If you mean the notes are just further apart in the chart compared to the recorded audio, you're still going to have to manually sync the beat markers. EOF will let you apply whatever time signatures you want, it just isn't going to change the real time duration of a beat because of it.

You can simply change the tempo at the place it's messed up. Click on the beat marker ahead of the problem then go to beat make sure adjust notes is checked and then change it. Everything before that will remain the same. If it's just a section that is causing an issue set a beat anchor before where things become ok again, that way it won't wreck the rest of it.

• Like 1

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

select measure 65 and change the bpm with the "adjust note" option activated, its important to double the bmp. after that the notes will be in the right position. With double i mean the BPM number multiplied by 2

Next step is to normalize the bmp again but without moving the notes. You change again the BMP but this time you do it with the "adjust notes" deactivated.

job done.

For the future, whenever this happens you can be sure that double the bpm and than halve will work.

• Like 1