How to add custom songs on Mac

yunodie

Question

The newly released RSInjector still doesn't work with CDLC for Mac (only the official DLCs work)...

It does work, as confirmed by myself and many others.  Make sure you're actually running the new RSInjector (make sure you delete the old one) and that you've got Steam running before you launch it.

CDLC's aren't working for me either.  I've trashed the old RSInjector, installed the new one and launch Steam.  Then I launch the new RSInjector, go through the menus and end up with the amp stacks with no highway after tuning.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CDLC's aren't working for me either.  I've trashed the old RSInjector, installed the new one and launch Steam.  Then I launch the new RSInjector, go through the menus and end up with the amp stacks with no highway after tuning.  

Did you follow all of the instructions from the 2nd post of this thread?

Steam needs to be installed in the default location, as well as Rocksmith.  You also need to own an official DLC (Cherub Rock is recommended as that's the AppID most customs use).  You need to purchase the official DLC from the Steam store so that it is licensed to you.  You can't use pirated DLC.

If you've done all that, it's possible you have a bad custom, or customs that are conflicting with each other.  Remove all of your customs out of the DLC folder and try just 1 (try and pick one that is newer and from an established charter).

• Like 1

Steam needs to be installed in the default location, as well as Rocksmith.  You also need to own an official DLC (Cherub Rock is recommended as that's the AppID most customs use).  You need to purchase the official DLC from the Steam store so that it is licensed to you.  You can't use pirated DLC.

If you've done all that, it's possible you have a bad custom, or customs that are conflicting with each other.  Remove all of your customs out of the DLC folder and try just 1 (try and pick one that is newer and from an established charter).

I had this exact same problem too. I followed all instructions by the book, the new injector ran fine but every song hung after the tuning screen. Furthermore, the majority of cdlc AND dlc were showing up without their artwork where upon selecting them made them disappear.

In my case, I can confirm that it was definitely a cdlc issue. Either due to a select few faulty cdlc files or just the sheer quantity of cdlc that was in my dlc folder. I too would recommend that you clear out your dlc folder entirely and add only a few back at a time, namely the ones you want to play.

I stripped my library down to about 10, (the other 200 hundred or so are in a folder on my desktop) and low and behold everything works flawlessly now. I’ve since added back about 40 other select songs and still no troubles. So I’d recommend everyone else having similar problems on their mac to try the same.

• Like 3

I had this exact same problem too. I followed all instructions by the book, the new injector ran fine but every song hung after the tuning screen. Furthermore, the majority of cdlc AND dlc were showing up without their artwork where upon selecting them made them disappear.

In my case, I can confirm that it was definitely a cdlc issue. Either due to a select few faulty cdlc files or just the sheer quantity of cdlc that was in my dlc folder. I too would recommend that you clear out your dlc folder entirely and add only a few back at a time, namely the ones you want to play.

I stripped my library down to about 10, (the other 200 hundred or so are in a folder on my desktop) and low and behold everything works flawlessly now. I’ve since added back about 40 other select songs and still no troubles. So I’d recommend everyone else having similar problems on their mac to try the same.

I reinstalled steam and the latest RSInjector and have had some success.  However, after a few CDLC plays, the game freezes up.  Better than nothing though!

CDLC on mac with the new remastered rsinjection if you play all the songs well or badly the result is always 100% ... it needs a fix

If you read the giant red header at the top of every page you'll see that they are well aware of the problem and are trying to find a solution.

There's also a thread dedicated to discussing potential causes of the problem and to track songs that do not jump to 100%.

I can also confirm that this strategy is working, stripped all my CLDCs down to zero and adding them back individually.  Everything is working perfectly now (even better than before the Remastered update!)

Anyone know how to get the RS Toolkit to work with macOS Sierra version 10.12?  I followed the instructions and was able to use the new RSInjector.  Downloaded the most recent RS Toolkit and Mono and I keep getting an error saying "RocksmithCustomSongToolkit requires the Mono Framework version 2.8 or later. Mono Framework is not installed. (or too old)" even though I already updated Mono.

Also anyone find a fix for the CDLC 100% every play?

***  UPDATED FOR ROCKSMITH REMASTERED ***

To use customs with Rocksmith Remastered, follow the same steps below, but use THIS RSINJECTOR:

https://mega.nz/#!JstUCYqT!Z12FTHpqgfvQN6ldbcKTx_iP0MneqY3Ocf8sr8TWMOY

Thanks to @@aequitas for posting the newly compiled version.  And thanks to @@xavatar for writing the new code.

How to Use Custom DLC (cDLC) on Mac

Here are all the steps:

• Your user account needs to be an Administrator account.
  • You need to enable third-party apps. Open System Preferences, click on "Security & Privacy", and on the General tab under "Allow apps downloaded from", choose "Anywhere"
  • Download and install Steam. It must be installed in the default location.
  • Purchase and download Rocksmith 2014.
  • Purchase the Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" DLC for Rocksmith 2014. You must buy it, so that it is licensed to you. You can purchase a different RS2014 DLC if you want, but using Cherub Rock is the easiest as that is the default AppID used by most cDLC's here.  If you choose to purchase dlc other than Cherub Rock, it must be RS2014 dlc.  Purchasing original Rocksmith 1 dlc will not work.  You will also have to use the RS Toolkit to change the AppID of each cDLC that you download to match the official DLC that you purchased.  This is why buying Cherub Rock is recommended.
  • Download RSInjector from this site (here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhmocw8rcbjda26/RSInjector.zip?dl=0)  -- This is the old version of RSInjector, meant to work with the original version of Rocksmith 2014 (NOT REMASTERED)
  • Place RSInjector in your Apps folder (it can actually be anywhere, but you might as well keep all your apps in one place)
  • Download the customs you want. Make sure they end in "_m.psarc". If they end in "_p.psarc" they are PC only versions and will need to be converted with the Toolkit. I'll put instructions for that down below.
  • Place the customs in the dlc folder. The location is: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  
    • It is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to find it is to open Finder, and using the "Go" menu, select "Go To Folder" and paste the location in there. You can then drag the dlc folder to your sidebar to create a permanent link.
    • You can also find the folder by opening Steam and going to your games library and right-clicking on Rocksmith 2014, and choosing "Properties".  Select the "Local Files" tab and click on "Browse Local Files"
  • Open Steam, but DO NOT launch Rocksmith 2014.
  • Launch RSInjector, which will automatically launch Rocksmith 2014.
  • Say goodbye to your family, friends, and free time. You won't be seeing any of them for a while.

To convert PC customs to Mac version:

• Download and install Mono (do this first, it will save you from having problems later -- See below for which version to use)
  • Download the latest version of the RSToolkit: http://www.rscustom.net/builds   ****See Note Below****
  • Open the Toolkit, (be patient, it can take up to 20 minutes for it to open the very first time)
  • Click on the "Converter" tab
  • Source is PC, Target is Mac
  • Click on "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to where you downloaded the cDLC to.
  • Click "Open"
  • Wait anywhere from 3-30 seconds for the file to convert. Generally, if it takes longer than 60 seconds then there is a problem with the custom and it won't convert. You need to Force Quit the app (press Command + Option + Escape). If you notify the charter who created the cDLC they will generally help you out by converting it on their end, or updating/fixing their posted version

**** El Capitan users, and anybody getting the message about requiring Mono 2.8 or higher, see the instructions below for an alternate Toolkit link.  ****

To Install Mono:

It seems the Toolkit requires two specific versions of Mono in order to work (which version depends on which OS you have).

For Mavericks users, you need to get version 3.4.0 (the below version of 3.10.0 may also work, but I have not confirmed this).

For Yosemite users, wfaulk has posted this corrected version of 3.10.0:

As to the Converter, Xamarin has been shipping a known-broken version of Mono (v3.10.0) for a month or so now. (See http://stackoverflow.com/a/26685351/147202) There's a fixed version available for download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrjnv7p8zj1rh5u/MonoFramework-MDK-3.10.0.26.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg?dl=0 (linked indirectly on the StackOverflow page).

Installing this version of Mono allowed me to run RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app.

For El Capitan:

An El Capitan version of Mono has been released, version 4.0.4.4

Download it here:  Download Mono MDK

Due to changes made by Apple in El Capitan, Mono is no longer able to be installed in its default directory.  However, as of writing these instructions (Oct. 6, 2015) the Mono installer still attempts to install as default and fails without giving an error, thus not actually installing Mono.

This will likely be changed/updated in the future, so the instructions listed below may not be necessary in the future.

After installing Mono, do the following to confirm the installation:

• Open Terminal
  • Type:  mono
  • If you get a list of mono commands that starts with "Usage is: mono [options] program [program-options]", then Mono has installed properly.
  •  If you get "command not found", then Mono has failed to install properly.  Follow the steps below:
    • In Terminal, type:  sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin
    • Press enter -- This command creates the directory for /usr/local/bin
    • You will be prompted for your user password.  Type it in and press enter.
    • Type:  sudo chmod 777 /usr/local
    • Press enter -- This command changes the permissions for the /usr/local directory to give it read/write permissions​
  • Reinstall Mono and use Terminal to confirm.  You can also type "which mono", and the answer returned will be "/usr/local/bin/mono"

If You Get A Message About The Toolkit Requiring Mono 2.8 or Higher To Run (Despite Installing Any of the Versions of Mono Above):

Once Mono is installed correctly, use this version of the Toolkit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ongd4aunfuhid0b/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.zip?dl=0

** I have edited the script that launches it so that it works on El Capitan.  This information has been passed along to @@Alex360 so that all future versions should work without editing. **

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!!  Works fine on Mac OS Sierra!

• Like 2

Anyone know how to get the RS Toolkit to work with macOS Sierra version 10.12?  I followed the instructions and was able to use the new RSInjector.  Downloaded the most recent RS Toolkit and Mono and I keep getting an error saying "RocksmithCustomSongToolkit requires the Mono Framework version 2.8 or later. Mono Framework is not installed. (or too old)" even though I already updated Mono.

Also anyone find a fix for the CDLC 100% every play?

Hello,

For Mac Sierra, I had same problem too but with Mono SDK version 4.0.4.4 for El Capitain (link in the tuto) : it works ! 

• Like 1

Hey complete Rocksmith noob here. This is my first time trying to get CDLC's to work. I am having some issues with RSInjector not opening. I have read every post on every page of this thread, as well as a few other troubleshooting threads. This seems like a very helpful community, thank you ahead of time for all the work you guys do to help others get this working.

Here's all the info I can think of that might be relevant:

-Using Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

-Using Mac OSX 10.12.1

-I purchased Cherub Rock and it is playable in the Learn A Song section (when opening the game normally, not with RSInjector)

-I have tried every download link for RSInjector that I can find, including the ones listed as fixed for the remastered version (probably 5-7 different links overall). Each time I removed the previous version to try the next one.

-I make sure to open Steam before trying RSInjector

Could it be that Steam is installed in the wrong place? Here's why I ask- when I right click Rocksmith in Steam and go to "Browse Local Files" it finds the Rocksmith folder in this location: Mac HD/Users/'user name'/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014

However there seems to be another Library/Application Support/ folder that does not contain Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014... it's exact location is: Mac HD/Library/Application Support

So I guess my question is, are these the same file paths written a different way or am I just clueless? 'Mac HD/Users/'user name'/Library/Application Support/' vs. 'Mac HD/Library/Application Support'

I believe Rocksmith 2014 Remastered is installed in the default place. I don't recall having the option to choose where it was installed originally.

I purchased Rocksmith with the hopes of using CDLC and I remain hopeful it will eventually work. Please let me know if you need more info and thank you again for any help.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@Shib CDLC on Mac are broken with the most recent update, we've contacted the author and looking into updating the RSinjector as soon as possible. We'll keep people updated.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I have followed the instructions on setting up custom songs on the mac but the RSInjector app doesn't do anything when I run it. I have set the allow all apps to run from anywhere as well and my account is an administrator. Ever see this before? I've got the Remastered version of locksmith 2014 and I grabbed the updated RS Injector as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Same thing here.

Mac OS. 10.11.6 (15G1004)

RS Injector does not work since today's update. I hope somebody can find a solution.

Good luck.

Hey complete Rocksmith noob here. This is my first time trying to get CDLC's to work. I am having some issues with RSInjector not opening. I have read every post on every page of this thread, as well as a few other troubleshooting threads. This seems like a very helpful community, thank you ahead of time for all the work you guys do to help others get this working.

Here's all the info I can think of that might be relevant:

-Using Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

-Using Mac OSX 10.12.1

-I purchased Cherub Rock and it is playable in the Learn A Song section (when opening the game normally, not with RSInjector)

-I have tried every download link for RSInjector that I can find, including the ones listed as fixed for the remastered version (probably 5-7 different links overall). Each time I removed the previous version to try the next one.

-I make sure to open Steam before trying RSInjector

Could it be that Steam is installed in the wrong place? Here's why I ask- when I right click Rocksmith in Steam and go to "Browse Local Files" it finds the Rocksmith folder in this location: Mac HD/Users/'user name'/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014

However there seems to be another Library/Application Support/ folder that does not contain Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014... it's exact location is: Mac HD/Library/Application Support

So I guess my question is, are these the same file paths written a different way or am I just clueless? 'Mac HD/Users/'user name'/Library/Application Support/' vs. 'Mac HD/Library/Application Support'

I believe Rocksmith 2014 Remastered is installed in the default place. I don't recall having the option to choose where it was installed originally.

I purchased Rocksmith with the hopes of using CDLC and I remain hopeful it will eventually work. Please let me know if you need more info and thank you again for any help.

• Administrator

@@Wepeel i've splited your post from this topic and your post is now available here : http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/ i'll move this topic in a support section and be sure to bump your topic for user to see it ;)

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Anyone else having problems with the new RSInjector not launching Rocksmith at all on Mac?

I couldn't get any of my CDLC to work following the remastered update so I did an uninstall and re-downloaded. I followed the instructions here and downloaded the new Injector, I own Cherub Rock and have had it working previously. But now the Injector won't even launch Rocksmith?!?

Help! I used to love playing this game but it has been taken away from me since this update.

• Administrator

@@Jamie_1000 i suggest you read the new instruction because things have changed a lot with the most recent update.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Jamie_1000 i suggest you read the new instruction because things have changed a lot with the most recent update.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Thanks for this my friend, I didn't realise there would be an entirely new process I've seemingly looked past. Hope this gets it working for me, I'm going to have a look into it now. Thanks a lot!