How to add custom songs on Mac

yunodie

Question

Thank you that helped. Would you happen to know why my RS is forcing me to download it again before i launch? Also, i i go properties/localfiles/browselocalfiles i can launch it from there. I don't understand why it's making me download it again to launch it from steam? Could it be from me moving that file to my desktop?

Very likely. If steam detects there are files missing, it will try to fix that.

If you want to avoid downloading the entire game again, you can try to get Steam to verify game cache - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 - that (in theory) should get it to just downlaod the missing files.

After that, you'll have to follow the instructions again properly.

I can't help you properly right now - am about to be headed out for a few hours, but if you have team viewer setup, I'd be happy to run you through it later on.

Thank you for your reply! That's actually what I did, after viewing the integrity of the game cache it prompted me to download the game again. Even though I can still run it from the Rocksmith2014 folder. I'm not sure what team viewer is but i'm going to look into it, thanks again!

OK, so Ive read a lot about this issue with a PC and seen the fix for it but have not been able to find the fix for a Mac. Has some one had this issue and fixed it some how. The files have been correctly converted to m.psarc. and I have much less than 250 songs in the dlc folder. Its only a few songs I don't know what the issue could be.

@@Kangarue - which issue? You've to be more specific.

Teamviewer is an application to connect remotely to another users computer to give help - be aware that you give access to your computer. You've to exchange an id and a pin to establish the connection.

I've never moved files around - if your installation of Rocksmith starts fine (without the injector) just move the injector app into the Rocksmith steam folder. Steam has to run before clicking on the injector app. Then you should see the customs in your songlist.

Thank you for the reply. so the issue is 90% of the customs show up fine and are perfectly playable but then theres 10% that are in the DLC folder that do not show up in game. I always start injector after steam is running. 

Possible reasons

- you've duplicate songs in your dlc folder

- you've added songs which conflict in their ids

- you've a broken custom in your songlist

I avoid non-ASCII characters in filenames - maybe you've a file with some weired characters in the filename.

Quick Q. I followed all the instructions verbatim, and everything appears to be working correctly (converted worked fine, new content was moved to hidden folder easily, RSInjector starts up Locksmith as expected, etc)

But I cannot find the songs I downloaded in RockSmith...

Do I have to look in a special place? OR am I missing something obvious maybe?

Thanks!

@@Kangarue - to find the broken custom(s) you've probably to add them one by one. I keep my dlc folder clean and add not every custom to it as I only play a few in each session.

@@flakeyblake - have you the correct files for your platform - mac has _m.psarc and pc _p.psarc at the end of the file. You can use the toolkit to convert the file between each platform.

@@papillon well I removed all CDLC and added them back one at a time never got over a total of 8 and each time i started the game 10-30% of them were missing and were completely random which ones. Even if there were just 2 then one was missing and sometime if just one it was missing. So i surmise that the CDLC files are good but something is up with my set up. 

But its mostly a certain few "problem customs" if they are part of the folder they seemed to be missing most of the time but alone they are more likely to appear but not always but more often than not. 

The newly released RSInjector still doesn't work with CDLC for Mac (only the official DLCs work)...

It does work, as confirmed by myself and many others.  Make sure you're actually running the new RSInjector (make sure you delete the old one) and that you've got Steam running before you launch it.

Anyone managed to get RocksmithCustomSongToolkit worked in macOS Sierra (10.12)? I have mono 4.6.0 installed correctly (in /usr/local/bin/mono) but whenever I tried to launch the toolkit, the app icon bounced in the dock for two or three times then disappeared. I'm using the toolkit downloaded from the dropbox link for El Capitan.

EDIT: I also tried the newest version of RocksmithCustomSongToolkit, it shows the message about requiring Mono 2.8 or higher.

Anyone managed to get RocksmithCustomSongToolkit worked in macOS Sierra (10.12)? I have mono 4.6.0 installed correctly (in /usr/local/bin/) but whenever I tried to launch the toolkit, the app icon bounced in the dock for two or three times then disappeared. I'm using the toolkit downloaded from the dropbox link for El Capitan.

It's working for me, with Mono 4.6.  I just installed it today to verify.  I had the problem with the icon bouncing and then disappearing too, but after launching it a few times it eventually opened.

Another user seems to have gotten the new v2.7 of the Toolkit to work on MacOS Sierra so I've messaged them to see if they'll help me get it working for everybody.

But the version of 2.6 that I posted in my instructions has been working for me.    It's possible to have multiple versions of Mono installed at once, so try uninstalling them (you can do it all at once) and then reinstalling 4.6

You can find instructions on how to uninstall Mono here:

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/osx/

And I downloaded Mono 4.6 from here:

http://www.mono-project.com/download/

(just in case it's different from where you downloaded it)

• Like 1