How to add custom songs on Mac

yunodie

Question

207 answers to this question

Hi,

I have installed Rocksmith as said, but when I want to launch RSinjector, nothing happens... I tried to launch RS with steam, I can see the CDLC, the music play, but when I select them the game freeze...

Do I have a wrong version of RSinjector? It was downloaded on the link at the beginning of the topic.

Hi,

I have installed Rocksmith as said, but when I want to launch RSinjector, nothing happens... I tried to launch RS with steam, I can see the CDLC, the music play, but when I select them the game freeze...

Do I have a wrong version of RSinjector? It was downloaded on the link at the beginning of the topic.

The RSInjector linked in my instructions is the only version that exists.  Did you make sure Steam was open and running before launching RSInjector?

And did you make sure you installed Steam and RS2014 in the default location?

Here can be the problem, steam is in the default location, but the game is on another hard drive... I cannot put it on the default hard drive because he is to small (128 Gb). 

That's the problem.  They both need to be in the default location, which is on your main hard drive.  You'll have to find a way to make room for it.

Thank you so much. Works perfectly if you follow step by step. I normally dont comment on these things but this instructional deserves. It. I might have called it quits when toolkit took a while to open but you went so far as to even mention the wait so I stuck with it (2-3 minutes) and it all worked out.  :D  :)  :lol:  ^_^

First of all, I want to thank you for all your advices in this forum. Since yesterday, I try to get it working on my Mac (running OS 10.11). I finally managed to make downloaded m-psarc files work. But what doesn't work yet, is the RSCustomSongToolkit. When launching it, it only tells me to download the latest Mono framework. I did it and installed it, but when running the Toolkit again, it tells me again to install Mono. I tried it another time (now both version are being tried: the universal and the 32 bit), but nothing changes. 

Do you have any ideas about this issue?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, I want to thank you for all your advices in this forum. Since yesterday, I try to get it working on my Mac (running OS 10.11). I finally managed to make downloaded m-psarc files work. But what doesn't work yet, is the RSCustomSongToolkit. When launching it, it only tells me to download the latest Mono framework. I did it and installed it, but when running the Toolkit again, it tells me again to install Mono. I tried it another time (now both version are being tried: the universal and the 32 bit), but nothing changes. 

Do you have any ideas about this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try the edited version of the Toolkit, found at the bottom of the second post of this thread (at the end of my instructions)?

And did you make sure you installed the correct version of Mono for your version of OS X?  Any incorrect versions will need to be uninstalled, so that only the correct version is installed on your system.

• Like 2

Thanks for the wonderful instructions, which I've followed dilligently.

I've followed everything to convert songs to run on my Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan), and the CDLC tracks won't play. I notice with my Cherub Rock download that it has a p.psarc as well as m.psarc file in my DLC folder. Should I be retaining the p.psarc files after converting?

The preview for each CDLC I've added to the DLC folder works within Rocksmith 2014, but once I click Enter to play a song, nothing loads up.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Thanks for the wonderful instructions, which I've followed dilligently.

I've followed everything to convert songs to run on my Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan), and the CDLC tracks won't play. I notice with my Cherub Rock download that it has a p.psarc as well as m.psarc file in my DLC folder. Should I be retaining the p.psarc files after converting?

The preview for each CDLC I've added to the DLC folder works within Rocksmith 2014, but once I click Enter to play a song, nothing loads up.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Steam will automatically download both the _p.psarc and _m.psarc versions.  I'm not sure why.  You only need the Mac version, and don't need to keep the PC versions.

Here's some questions to weed out any missed steps and/or to help narrow down the problem.

1.  Did you install Steam and RS 2014 into the default directory?

2.  Did you open Steam and make sure it's running before launching RS Injector?

3.  Did you legitimately purchase Cherub Rock?  You have to purchase it yourself so that the song is licensed to your Steam account

4.  Did you try rebooting (that helps sometimes)

5.  Are the songs you're trying to get to work downloaded from here?  If you downloaded a torrent, you should delete all of the customs files and get them from here.  Torrents are usually full of crap or outdated songs.

6.  Have you tried a song that is already uploaded in Mac format to verify that everything is working?

7.  How many customs have you downloaded and added to your dlc folder?  There could be a conflict amongst songs.

• Like 1

1. Yes

2. Yes - is the RS Injector supposed to automatically launch RS2014 with Steam open? Mine doesn't do that.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Yes, all from here. This is what my dlc folder looks like: http://b3.ms/BxP9lO4EMkqK - it's notable that the Cherub Rock DLC has a different icon (coloured versus generic).

6. Yep, tested Mac version of Ob La Di, Ob La Da by The Beatles. Same issue as before.

7. As pictured previously.

Might it be my version of Mono or the RS Injector?

1. Yes

2. Yes - is the RS Injector supposed to automatically launch RS2014 with Steam open? Mine doesn't do that.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Yes, all from here. This is what my dlc folder looks like: http://b3.ms/BxP9lO4EMkqK - it's notable that the Cherub Rock DLC has a different icon (coloured versus generic).

6. Yep, tested Mac version of Ob La Di, Ob La Da by The Beatles. Same issue as before.

7. As pictured previously.

Might it be my version of Mono or the RS Injector?

Mono is only needed for the Toolkit.  Did you use the version of RS Injector posted in my initial instructions?  Yes, it should launch RS2014 automatically.  But only if you installed the Steam and the game in the default locations.

• Like 1

works perfectly!  -- but not the RSInjector.app .. when clicked.. it does nothing.

What I did is recompile the app from the source code (thanks for sharing the code BTW)

It wasn't flawless because the SDK used was 10.5 and I am using xcode 7.2.

The simple solution is to download 10.5 SDK, then you are all set! Make sure to set the base sdk to 10.5 rather than the latest which is 10.11 in my case.

I even have a custom folder, a simple symlink does the job.

It pays to be developer sometimes!

Good Job to the dev of RSInjector!!!!

works perfectly!  -- but not the RSInjector.app .. when clicked.. it does nothing.

What I did is recompile the app from the source code (thanks for sharing the code BTW)

It wasn't flawless because the SDK used was 10.5 and I am using xcode 7.2.

The simple solution is to download 10.5 SDK, then you are all set! Make sure to set the base sdk to 10.5 rather than the latest which is 10.11 in my case.

I even have a custom folder, a simple symlink does the job.

It pays to be developer sometimes!

Good Job to the dev of RSInjector!!!!

That's weird, because RSInjector works perfectly fine as-is for me, and the version shared in the instructions is posted on my personal dropbox folder (meaning it's the same one I'm using).

Are you sure you're using a proper app to decompress the zip file?  I know a few people in this thread have had that issue.

• Like 1

Hmm, still not opening as it's meant to. Is the Mono version required always the exact same one for El Capitan? Maybe I have the wrong one somehow.

Here's my configuration settings for RS Injector: http://b3.ms/raNnPzaX9bXP

RS Injector main screen: http://b3.ms/yYLn70gyMGgZ

RS Injector conversion screen: http://b3.ms/W1EnJd4b9ZRX

Those screen shots are of the RS Custom Song Toolkit, not RSInjector.  

RSInjector is an app that shows the same RS2014 logo as the actual game does (guitar pick with the R). 

RSInjector won't open any kind of app on it's own, it just launches RS2014.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2010.32.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2010.34.

• Like 2

How silly of me. It works perfectly now! Thank you so much :D

Hmm, still not opening as it's meant to. Is the Mono version required always the exact same one for El Capitan? Maybe I have the wrong one somehow.

Here's my configuration settings for RS Injector: http://b3.ms/raNnPzaX9bXP

RS Injector main screen: http://b3.ms/yYLn70gyMGgZ

RS Injector conversion screen: http://b3.ms/W1EnJd4b9ZRX

Those screen shots are of the RS Custom Song Toolkit, not RSInjector.  

RSInjector is an app that shows the same RS2014 logo as the actual game does (guitar pick with the R). 

RSInjector won't open any kind of app on it's own, it just launches RS2014.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2010.32.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-04%20at%2010.34.

Hi guys,

I went to the /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014". folder but being the dumb ass i am, i copied that folder to my desktop. I tried putting it back but now all hell has broken loose. I get the "Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)" when trying to launch rocksmith, so i pressed verify integrity of the game cache under properties/lcoal files, now it's downloading it again. However when I go to the RS folder it still launches and is there. I'm sooo confused, for some reason the RSinjector launched the first time, but will not launch anymore. When I try to delete the RSinjector it says it's open or it's a protected application, and cannot be deleted. I am loosing my marbles here, please SOS!!!

Thank you that helped. Would you happen to know why my RS is forcing me to download it again before i launch? Also, i i go properties/localfiles/browselocalfiles i can launch it from there. I don't understand why it's making me download it again to launch it from steam? Could it be from me moving that file to my desktop?