How to add custom songs on Mac

yunodie

Question

207 answers to this question

hallo

after upgrading to el captan the toolkit doesn't start anymore...

It says "RocksmithCustomSongToolkit requires the Mono Framework version 2.8 or later." but I have installed it (several versions)... 

any help?

I read the topic but couldn't find a solution....

The instructions are listed in the second post of this thread.

hallo

after upgrading to el captan the toolkit doesn't start anymore...

It says "RocksmithCustomSongToolkit requires the Mono Framework version 2.8 or later." but I have installed it (several versions)... 

any help?

I read the topic but couldn't find a solution....

The instructions are listed in the second post of this thread.

I'm not able to get this to work. When I get to this step 

• In Terminal, type:  sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin

I type it in, gives me the lock symbol and I enter my password. After I put the password in it says command not found. After completing all of the process and type mono, still says command not found. 

I'm not able to get this to work. When I get to this step 

• In Terminal, type:  sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin
I type it in, gives me the lock symbol and I enter my password. After I put the password in it says command not found. After completing all of the process and type mono, still says command not found.

What version of OS X are you running? And is your user account an administrator account?

El Capitan version 10.11 - And administer is checked

You installed Mono version 4.0.4.4?

It's been confirmed by a few users that the Mono installer has been corrected now and should install properly without the additional steps.

You can verify by typing "mono" in Terminal.  You can also type "which mono" and terminal will show you where Mono was installed.

It's weird because the command works and it will ask me for the password. Once I enter the password then it says: 

Password:

sudo: mkdir/usr/local/bin: command not found

This is what I get after sudo chmod 777//user/local

usage: chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a  [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file ...

It's weird because the command works and it will ask me for the password. Once I enter the password then it says: 

Password:

sudo: mkdir/usr/local/bin: command not found

This is what I get after sudo chmod 777//user/local

usage: chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a  [# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

chmod [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-E | -C | -N | -i | -I] file ...

You're not typing it in correctly.  You need a space between the mkdir command and the directory you want to create.

It needs to be just like it is in the instructions: mkdir /usr/local/bin

Same with the chmod 777 command.  

Got a bit farther, mono now works but it will not open the new toolkit. Before the version I used was mono rocksmithtoolkitgui.exe is this one different?

You have to use the Toolkit version that is linked in the instructions for El Capitan.  It may take up to 20 minutes for it to open the first time.

But it won't open at all if you didn't follow the previous instructions correctly.

I did everything according to the list on the first page, but I still don't have songs in game. I have Mac OS X Yosemite version, Rocksmith 2014 and Blink 182 dammit DLC. I downloaded songs for mac (_m.psarc), I changed id to 206113 and put in dlc folder. If I run Rsinjector game starts, but songs don't appear on the list. Of course i started steam before RSinjector. I don't know what's wrong and how to solve my problem.

To rule out some things, can you answer the following please:

Is your version of RS2014 legit, and purchased through Steam (or by Steam key)?

Did you actually buy the DLC, and not just pirate it from somewhere else?

Did you wait for the song list to finish enumerating before going into "Learn A Song"?

Have you tried removing all of the cDLC that you've downloaded from your DLC folder and tried with just 1?

I had successfully played in Rocksmith with custom dlc before I switched to Mac.

Were you playing RS2014 on PC before?  Or only the original Rocksmith?

The only other thing I can think of is that Dammit was Rocksmith DLC, and not RS2014 DLC.  It could have something to do with that.

If you have trouble finding your library folder open Terminal.app and paste in this line for Lion & Mountain Lion :

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

It will then be visable in your home folder.

in OS X Mavericks & Yosemite
  • From the OS X Finder, open a new window and go to the users Home folder (hit Command+Shift+H to jump to Home instantly)
  • Pull down the “View” menu and select “Show View Options” (or hit Command+J if you like keyboard shortcuts)
  • Check the box for “Show Library Folder” then close the View Options panel
  • Navigate in the users home folder to see the newly visible “Library” directory

Hi, I don't have the CDLCs on my song list.

I think I did everything correct. OS X  10.9.5. I have steam, I have Rocksmith 2014, I bought Cherub Rock, I put the m. files in the dlc folder, I started Steam and then started the Injector which opens RS2014, but I don't have the CDLCs.

Converting the p. files to m. files works, but I downloaded a m. file which I don't have to convert, but can't see this either.

Any help?

Thankx

Reviewed your checklist above and it works now.

Beeing patient is the key word.

Thankx a lot to everyone who is envolved in this for some great wok.

Goodbye world, see you in a few years.............maybe ;-)

***Solved my own problem***

Stupid mistake: When I created the shortcut to my DLC folder, I accidentally changed the folder name, so RS14 didn't see it or any of the content. Now fixed.

Thanks to everyone for their great work on the CDLC and this forum.

------

Hi,

I have gone through the steps pretty meticulously, yet I can't seem to get RS to see the CDLC. I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty competent with computer work-arounds when following well laid out instructions. 

- I purchased a legal copy of RS14 which has been working well.

- I have previously purchased a significant amount of DLC, and recently downloaded Cherub Rock for the purpose of CDLC.

- I have downloaded a number of CDLC songs, both m.psarc and p.psarc

- For the p.psarc songs, I successfully managed to convert them with the toolkit (which itself required the mono download since I'm on El Capitan, but I eventually got that working as well).

- I was able to successfully locate the DLC folder, which I can confirm contained all my previously downloaded DLC.

- I copied the psarc files into the DLC folder (trying both the m.psarc alone and also both m&p together).

I have been careful to copy the files BEFORE opening Steam, and THEN opening RSInjector (which itself installed and opens without difficulty). I have also tried other orders.

Despite all of this, the CDLC songs don't appear. 

- I have waited a while before clicking "Learn a song". I never even receive a message that the songs are enumerating.

- I have checked in both "Lead" and "Rhythm". 

- I have tried only 1 song at a time.

Is there an additional step?

Do I need to change the CDLC file name after it comes through the toolkit?

Am I wrong to presume that the name of the song or band of the CDLC will appear as the correct song/band name?

Do I have the wrong RSInjector? I downloaded the dropbox link, which was listed as 3 months old as of today.

Is there something wrong with the current build of the toolkit (using 2.6.1.0 - cf72e077 -mac)?

Any advice is appreciated.