How to add custom songs on Mac

yunodie

Question

Thanks this works however it constantly says enumerating DLC

That pop-up is normal.  The game is building the list of what songs you have in your dlc folder.  If it's taking a long time I would assume that means you've added a ton of cDLC to your dlc folder.

You can either wait it out, or remove some of your cDLC so that it can build the list quicker.  I limit the content in my dlc folder to about 200-250 at a time, sometimes less.

It's a good idea to limit what you have in the folder anyway, since customs will sometimes conflict with each other and/or cause freezing problems.  It's easier to figure out which one(s) are causing the problem when you don't have a huge amount in the folder at the same time.

This is an important distinction that was missing or i missed from other tutorials... ONCE EVERYTHING IS SETUP, RUN STEAM FIRST BUT NOT ROCKSMITH AND THEN US RSINJECTOR TO LAUNCH ROCKSMITH.

Some how I missed that i got bizarre results by launching RSInjector without launching steam first.

Thanks!!!

Here are all the steps:

1. Your user account needs to be an Administrator account.
  2. You need to enable third-party apps.  Open System Preferences, click on "Security & Privacy", and on the General tab under "Allow apps downloaded from", choose "Anywhere"
  3. Download and install Steam.  It must be installed in the default location.
  4. Download Rocksmith.  
  5. Purchase the Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" DLC for Rocksmith.  You must buy it, so that it is licensed to you.  You can purchase any DLC that you want, but using Cherub Rock is the easiest as that is the default AppID used by most cDLC's here.
  6. Download RSInjector from this site (here is the link: DOWNLOAD)
  7. Place RSInjector in your Apps folder (it can actually be anywhere, but you might as well keep all your apps in one place)
  8. Download the customs you want.  Make sure they end in "_m.psarc".  If they end in "_p.psarc" they are PC only versions and will need to be converted with the Toolkit.  I'll put instructions for that down below.
  9. Place the customs in the dlc folder.  The location is:  "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014".  It is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to find it is to open Finder, and using the "Go" menu, select "Go To Folder" and paste the location in there.  You can then drag the dlc folder to your sidebar to create a permanent link.
  10. Open Steam, but DO NOT launch Rocksmith.
  11. Launch RSInjector, which will automatically launch Rocksmith.
  12. Say goodbye to your family, friends, and free time.  You won't be seeing any of them for a while.

To convert PC customs to Mac version:

1. Download the latest version of the RSToolkit:  http://www.rscustom.net/builds 
  2. Open the Toolkit, and click on the "Converter" tab
  3. Source is PC, Target is Mac
  4. Click on "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to where you downloaded the cDLC to.
  5. Click "Open"
  6. Wait anywhere from 3-30 seconds for the file to convert.  Generally, if it takes longer than 60 seconds then there is a problem with the custom and it won't convert.  You need to Force Quit the app (press Command + Option + Escape).  If you notify the charter who created the cDLC they will generally help you out by converting it on there end, or updating/fixing their posted version

Thank you very much! This was very helpful. I am able to play CDLC but I am unable to convert CDLC to m.psarc. I download RockSmithCustomSongToolkit.app but it is unable to open. Would you know what the problem is or another way to convert CDLC? I would appreciate the help. Thanks again

• Like 2

Thank you very much! This was very helpful. I am able to play CDLC but I am unable to convert CDLC to m.psarc. I download RockSmithCustomSongToolkit.app but it is unable to open. Would you know what the problem is or another way to convert CDLC? I would appreciate the help. Thanks again

If you're running Mavericks, you need Mono version 3.4.0 for it to work.  If you're running Yosemite there seems to be some issues with either Mono or possibly the Toolkit itself.  I'm hoping there will be an update for Mono soon that will fix it.

For now, there is a Wineskin version posted somewhere here on the forum that sort of works.  It will convert files at least, but is a bit buggy and slow.

• Like 1

If you're running Mavericks, you need Mono version 3.4.0 for it to work.  If you're running Yosemite there seems to be some issues with either Mono or possibly the Toolkit itself.  I'm hoping there will be an update for Mono soon that will fix it.

For now, there is a Wineskin version posted somewhere here on the forum that sort of works.  It will convert files at least, but is a bit buggy and slow.

HERE is the Wineskin version. Works great for conversions.

• Like 2

As to the Converter, Xamarin has been shipping a known-broken version of Mono (v3.10.0) for a month or so now.  (See http://stackoverflow.com/a/26685351/147202) There's a fixed version available for download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrjnv7p8zj1rh5u/MonoFramework-MDK-3.10.0.26.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg?dl=0 (linked indirectly on the StackOverflow page).

Installing this version of Mono allowed me to run RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app.

• Like 2

Here are all the steps:

• Your user account needs to be an Administrator account.
  • You need to enable third-party apps. Open System Preferences, click on "Security & Privacy", and on the General tab under "Allow apps downloaded from", choose "Anywhere"
  • Download and install Steam. It must be installed in the default location.
  • Download Rocksmith.
  • Purchase the Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" DLC for Rocksmith. You must buy it, so that it is licensed to you. You can purchase any DLC that you want, but using Cherub Rock is the easiest as that is the default AppID used by most cDLC's here.
  • Download RSInjector from this site (here is the link: DOWNLOAD)
  • Place RSInjector in your Apps folder (it can actually be anywhere, but you might as well keep all your apps in one place)
  • Download the customs you want. Make sure they end in "_m.psarc". If they end in "_p.psarc" they are PC only versions and will need to be converted with the Toolkit. I'll put instructions for that down below.
  • Place the customs in the dlc folder. The location is: "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014". It is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to find it is to open Finder, and using the "Go" menu, select "Go To Folder" and paste the location in there. You can then drag the dlc folder to your sidebar to create a permanent link.
  • Open Steam, but DO NOT launch Rocksmith.
  • Launch RSInjector, which will automatically launch Rocksmith.
  • Say goodbye to your family, friends, and free time. You won't be seeing any of them for a while.

• Download the latest version of the RSToolkit: http://www.rscustom.net/builds
  • Open the Toolkit, and click on the "Converter" tab
  • Source is PC, Target is Mac
  • Click on "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to where you downloaded the cDLC to.
  • Click "Open"
  • Wait anywhere from 3-30 seconds for the file to convert. Generally, if it takes longer than 60 seconds then there is a problem with the custom and it won't convert. You need to Force Quit the app (press Command + Option + Escape). If you notify the charter who created the cDLC they will generally help you out by converting it on there end, or updating/fixing their posted version

Cheers Wepeel finally figured how to get the custom songs working on Mac after much searching around on the net, just trying to get song converter to work now some reason it won't open up and download the latest version of mono even though I've no idea how that works \,,/ \,,/

Hi, I am trying to do the originally posted instructions. When I get to step 6 to install rsinjector, I am getting a pop up stating " Safari can't open the file 'RSInjector because no available application can open it"

Do I need to install something else? Or am I just doing this wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers.

Hi, I am trying to do the originally posted instructions. When I get to step 6 to install rsinjector, I am getting a pop up stating " Safari can't open the file 'RSInjector because no available application can open it"

Cheers.

Once you download the RSInjector app, simply place it into your Applications folder (then in your Dock if you want) after unzipping the file from the download link above. You will not be able to launch it. In order to use it, first launch Steam, select Rocksmith from your Steam Library but DO NOT select play in Steam. Then select the RSInjector app and that will launch Rocksmith for you, through Steam, and allow you to play CDLC. I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Once you download the RSInjector app, simply place it into your Applications folder (then in your Dock if you want) after unzipping the file from the download link above. You will not be able to launch it. In order to use it, first launch Steam, select Rocksmith from your Steam Library but DO NOT select play in Steam. Then select the RSInjector app and that will launch Rocksmith for you, through Steam, and allow you to play CDLC. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply... After searching the web I found out I needed to update my OSX and then it worked perfectly..... loving this free access to tons of songs

• Like 1

As to the Converter, Xamarin has been shipping a known-broken version of Mono (v3.10.0) for a month or so now.  (See http://stackoverflow.com/a/26685351/147202) There's a fixed version available for download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrjnv7p8zj1rh5u/MonoFramework-MDK-3.10.0.26.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg?dl=0 (linked indirectly on the StackOverflow page).

Installing this version of Mono allowed me to run RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app.

Thanks for posting that link.  The Toolkit now works great on Yosemite using that build of Mono.

I downloaded the fixed version of Mono. The Installer said it installed successfully, but I can't find it. Do you know where it installs or what it is called? I don't see it in the Applications folder. I did a spotlight search for Mono, Framework and Xamarin and can't find anything except the .pkg installer.

There's no app for it.  It's a framework that gives Mac a working implementation of Microsoft's .NET framework for Windows.  It's not a piece of software that a user can run.

So it's not something you need to open to use the RS Toolkit.  The toolkit needs it to function, that's all.  Once it's installed all you have to do is run the Toolkit.

If you had a previous version of Mono installed, you need to uninstall it first before installing the new version.  Rebooting is always a good idea as well.

**Edit**

You can find information on how to uninstall Mono here:

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/osx/

I just wanted to add a note for new users:

RSInjector won't launch Rocksmith if you have the current Steam Beta installed (the one with broadcasting capability).  It will open Rocksmith, however the game will just hang unresponsive and will require a Force Quit to close.

Hi everyone.

I have tried to add CDLC songs on my Mac and am running into difficulties.

I installed everything smoothly, but the songs don't appear on Rocksmith (bought).

When I look in my DLC folder (where my purchased Cherub Rock is located) I notice a difference between the files I dragged in and Cherub Rock.

Cherub rock is listed as a "Unix Executable File" whereas my CDLC files are just "documents." I tried changing these files from document to "Unix Executable File" using Terminal but I got the message that access was denied.

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks.

Hello, I am having trouble.

I am trying to covert pc dlc to mac. My mac is updated to Yosemite.

Everytime I press convert in the tool kit, I get an error message with a bunch of stuff: DLC was converted from 'Pc' to 'Mac' with errors. See below: Failed to read past stream. - Then bunch of stuff.

Yes it said stream, not steam.

I have source PC and Target: Mac with the smashing pumpkins dlc selected which I have downloaded. Im trying to covert Metallica_Fade-to-Black_v1_p.psarc.

I can see my library the folder and it goes all the way to the Rocksmith folder with dlc. 

RsInjecter works fine and I downloaded Mono MRE (Mre-something like that. It started with an M, not the one that started with a D)

I don't know what could be causing this issue but help would be awesome!

Everytime I press convert in the tool kit, I get an error message with a bunch of stuff: DLC was converted from 'Pc' to 'Mac' with errors. See below: Failed to read past stream. - Then bunch of stuff.

I have source PC and Target: Mac with the smashing pumpkins dlc selected which I have downloaded. Im trying to covert Metallica_Fade-to-Black_v1_p.psarc.

I can see my library the folder and it goes all the way to the Rocksmith folder with dlc. 

RsInjecter works fine and I downloaded Mono MRE (Mre-something like that. It started with an M, not the one that started with a D)

I ran into this same problem. I think that it's just a bug in the latest version of the toolkit, because rolling back to an earlier version solved the issue for me. I don't know how far back you need to go, but revision e0a6b0bfaa31 (which had the comment "Fixed Converter error messaging") worked for me.

• Like 1

I ran into this same problem. I think that it's just a bug in the latest version of the toolkit, because rolling back to an earlier version solved the issue for me. I don't know how far back you need to go, but revision e0a6b0bfaa31 (which had the comment "Fixed Converter error messaging") worked for me.

Thank so much this worked!

Here are all the steps:

1. Your user account needs to be an Administrator account.
  2. You need to enable third-party apps.  Open System Preferences, click on "Security & Privacy", and on the General tab under "Allow apps downloaded from", choose "Anywhere"
  3. Download and install Steam.  It must be installed in the default location.
  4. Download Rocksmith.  
  5. Purchase the Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" DLC for Rocksmith.  You must buy it, so that it is licensed to you.  You can purchase any DLC that you want, but using Cherub Rock is the easiest as that is the default AppID used by most cDLC's here.
  6. Download RSInjector from this site (here is the link: DOWNLOAD)
  7. Place RSInjector in your Apps folder (it can actually be anywhere, but you might as well keep all your apps in one place)
  8. Download the customs you want.  Make sure they end in "_m.psarc".  If they end in "_p.psarc" they are PC only versions and will need to be converted with the Toolkit.  I'll put instructions for that down below.
  9. Place the customs in the dlc folder.  The location is:  "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014".  It is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to find it is to open Finder, and using the "Go" menu, select "Go To Folder" and paste the location in there.  You can then drag the dlc folder to your sidebar to create a permanent link.
  10. Open Steam, but DO NOT launch Rocksmith.
  11. Launch RSInjector, which will automatically launch Rocksmith.
  12. Say goodbye to your family, friends, and free time.  You won't be seeing any of them for a while.

1. Download the latest version of the RSToolkit:  http://www.rscustom.net/builds 
  2. Open the Toolkit, and click on the "Converter" tab
  3. Source is PC, Target is Mac
  4. Click on "Choose DLC To Convert" and navigate to where you downloaded the cDLC to.
  5. Click "Open"
  6. Wait anywhere from 3-30 seconds for the file to convert.  Generally, if it takes longer than 60 seconds then there is a problem with the custom and it won't convert.  You need to Force Quit the app (press Command + Option + Escape).  If you notify the charter who created the cDLC they will generally help you out by converting it on there end, or updating/fixing their posted version

THANKS!!!  new user here, this works perfectly

I have been using CDLC's with locksmith 2014 for quite awhile now, never had any major issues. Recently I had gone to move and remove some CDLC's from the dlc folder of the game. When I went to Application Support, the steam folder was missing, thus I cannot access the 'common' ' rocksmith' 'dlc' etc folders. I still have rsinjector, still have steam, and both work fine.

Any way I can find where the file went or how to solve this? 

thanks and happy holidays everyone