Learning Custom CDLC's

Huck1

Question

I am new to Rocksmith2014 and am enjoying my learning the guitar so far but have an issue with custom CDLC's. I am able to play the custom CDLC's but they are way to complex for a noob like me. I hope someone can answer how to work this out.

Rocksmith starts you out with simple riffs so you are able to get a handle of the songs that it has before throwing harder riffs and chords as you progress. I notice most (95%) of custom CDLC go right to the max and are very difficult to play due to being so complex. Is there a way to turn the file on to "learning mode" or simpler way to play?

4 answers to this question

If the songs have Dynamic Difficulty in them (you can tell if there is more than a very thin orange line in the graph at the top), you can use Riff Repeater to customize the difficulty to suit your needs.  Not all custom songs have DD in them.

Just start the song, and then press "space" to open up Riff Repeater.  Then select the song, or portion of the song, you wish to practice.   Scroll down to the difficulty setting (very first setting) and adjust it to whatever you like.

There are other options you can enable or disable as well in order to suit your learning style.  You can have Riff Repeater level up, speed up, etc.

A lot of charters do not add Dynamic Difficulty for various reasons. But the good thing is that it really easy to add Dynamic Difficulty yourself to any song you like!

- Download the Rocksmith Custom Toolkit here: http://www.rscustom.net/

- Open the program and click the tab "DDC"

- "Add" the psarc file (the song you downloaded)

- Set phrase length to "4"

- Click generate

- Put the created file in your DLC folder

This dynamic difficulty creator does an awesome job at creating the different difficulty levels for you, just the way you know it from original content ;-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

If your starting out. I would suggest going on the rhythm path to start and work through major chords. E A D G C song I have been playing  are Knocking on Heavens door, three little birds. throw in some black keys and Arctic monkeys here and there to add some string plucking tunes to keep yourself interested.

I have done this the last month and have improved a lot.

Riff repeater full difficulty speed at 50% each section and accelerator to move you up.

Good luck

@@Huck1 Haha, I know the pain :) First months I was not touching cdlcs, because of difficulty, back then I couldn't see world without DD, now it's more of annoyance.

I suggest to stick to some easiest official songs, do lessons and check some guitarcade. After some time, when you'll see that you can tackle songs at max diff, come and check out Rocksmith Championship, where at Beginner class you can find some easy (but challenging) tunes.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures