Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter (v0.9.9 released, now with Mac support and GUI!)

Wow, just come across this program this morning. While I've only had about 5 minutes to play around with it, this is bloody brilliant. Great work. Although I haven't managed to convert my entire list as yet, there are a couple of songs it breaks on with "unhandled exception: System.InvalidOperationException:  Nullable object must have a value.". I need to remove them from the directory to bypass them. I have to say thanks for all your efforts on this, it's definitely going to come in handy as rocksmith can be really hard to read sometimes.

I've got one question:

I tried to use the tag "Artist Sort" instead of "Artist" for the filenames, but I just can't get it to work. I tried...

{artist sort} - {title}

{artistsort} - {title}

{artist_sort} - {title}

{artist-sort} - {title}

{sort} - {title}

... and now I've given up^^

Maybe you could add a dropdown menu or a help box explaining the usable tags.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@Azrael, here is valid attributes: {title}, {artist}, {album}, {year}, {tabber}, {identifier}, {archive}

Thanks!

So {aritst sort} is just not implemented in the program, but could be in the future?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome tool! thanks a million for this, It's nice to have a way to share our fantastic collection of tabs with those we may jam with who would never use Rocksmith.  

Two feature requests, is there any way to get the lyrics converted over? and is there any way in the GUI to designate a saved GP6 style during the conversion process?

Currently there's no way to get the lyrics, although it's on my list of things that I'm considering to implement. At the moment, I'm unfortunately very busy with work-related stuff and don't really feel like spending my free time with programming, so it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I'll continue working on the exporter again.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the second request?

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

Hey @@cabalistic, danke sehr! This tool is simply great and I'm happy you put in the time to make it. Kudos.

I downloaded and ran it yesterday for the very first time, and converted all my songs. When I looked in the output folder I was (pleasantly) surprised to also find songs that I don't own through the game. It think they are the DLCs from the original Rocksmith.

I own RS and RS2014 and have used the Disc Import Tool. Are the "new" songs a product of the import process?

@Dr Turtle, basically, if you have files for convert it will convert them, even if you don't bought something from RS1 dlc you'll find that those songs are shipped to you with import "tools"(ondisc an dlc), so no worries, it's not a mistake.

Cabalist, on the second request never-mind, I realize that the conversion process isn't setting a stylesheet (I thought it was)  that the stylesheet is controlled in GP6 application preferences where I can change the default when opening new files... so there's nothing to do.  In my case I have a particular stylesheet I use that lets me cram more measures on a single page rather then the default that has a lot of white space.   Awesome tool, thanks again!

thanks a lot !!!!!

i'ts cool and helpful program !

i only have problem that some songs can't be converted to GP5,it's saying something about properly and 1 note (i don't remember exactly)...

this is the list of some of the songs i have that can't be converted:

Dream Theater - The Dance Of Eternity
Dream Theater - The Shattered Fortress
Frank Zappa - Disty Love
Joe Satriani - Down Down Down (was downloaded at SA i think...)
Megadeth - Sudden Death (Snake3169's version)
Megadeth - This Day We Fight
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender (was downloaded at SA i think...)
Steve Vai - Bad Horsie
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Riviera Paradise
Stevie Snacks - Thanks Giving Ballad (was downloaded at SA i think....)

can you help me and/or fix it plz ?

thank you !

Well, congratulations, you seem to have found another bug in the rhythm detection. I really thought I had them all eliminated :)

As I said in my previous posting, I'm unfortunately quite busy at the moment, so it may take me some time, but I'll definitely try to fix this. If you don't mind, please open a bug report at https://github.com/fholger/RocksmithToTab/issues so that I don't forget. Thank you.

• Like 2

i have found also problem with some Dream Theater songs...they are converting to GP5 but when i open the files it gives error and not showing anything in the tab...

the songs are:

Fatal Tragedy

The Looking Glass

In The Name Of God

Finally Free

Goodnight Kiss

The Test That Stumped Them All

About To Crash

Overture

can you fix this too plz when you will have time ?

thanks !

Depends. If I can find the cause, sure :)

Unfortunately Guitar Pro gives absolutely no useful information why a file can't be opened, so it's a lot of guesswork to find out what is wrong.

I tried the first two songs in your list and converted to gpx instead of gp5. That seems to work fine. So if you have Guitar Pro 6, you could just use that. Otherwise, as a workaround, you can search a bit; there's a TuxGuitar version hidden somewhere on the internet (or even here somewhere in the forum) that can open gpx files. You could then use TuxGuitar to convert those to gp5 files. Not very comfortable, but it should work.

• Like 1

I assume you are using Windows? Open Windows explorer, go to the directory where you have RocksmithToTab. Right-click on RocksmithToTab.exe, select "Create shortcut". Then right-click on the newly created shortcut, select "Properties". Go to the end of the target text field (should end with "RocksmithToTab.exe") and add "-f gpx" (without the quotes) to it. Select ok.

Now you can drop any file you want to convert onto this shortcut, and it should produce gpx output.

If you did it right, it will only open a console window for a brief time and then close. There will be no dialog or any other interaction, it will just generate the output. The output will be located either in the directory where RocksmithToTab resides, or where you have stored the .psarc file, so check both directories for a folder "rocksmith_tabs".

after: "D:\Ubisoft\Creating Custom Songs\RocksmithToTab\RocksmithToTab.exe"

like this: "D:\Ubisoft\Creating Custom Songs\RocksmithToTab\RocksmithToTab.exe"-f gpx

and i tried also like this: "D:\Ubisoft\Creating Custom Songs\RocksmithToTab\RocksmithToTab.exe-f gpx"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy