Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter (v0.9.9 released, now with Mac support and GUI!)

Cool. Let me know if you find any mistakes :)

I'm also working on the next release, which will probably be v1.0. I'm adding a simple GUI frontend to the program. It's not a complete GUI and doesn't offer all of the freedom of the console app. Basically, it just allows you to select your Rocksmith folder (if it's not autodetected, anyway) and an output directory and then will convert every installed song. I think that should cover the most basic use case and might help those people who are not comfortable around a console :)

If everything goes according to plan, I'll release the new version on Monday.

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

Not sure, that might be quite a bit of effort. Also, I'm not sure there's a significant user base for it, since I don't think you can easily access the console versions' data files?

You should be able to use the toolkit to convert the files to PC, then export them to tab.

New version is out, v0.9.8. Check out the fancy new website ;) http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

This release features a few minor feature additions that were requested, and I also added a simple GUI frontend to it. So anyone who's scared of the console, you don't have to deal with that anymore. The whole conversion process is now very simple: Start the RocksmithToTabGUI.exe, ensure that the selected Rocksmith install path and output directory are ok, then hit "Convert tabs" and let the program do its job. Afterwards, you'll end up with a folder full of fancy Rocksmith tabs. Enjoy :)

• Developer

Many thanks to @cabalistic for his efforts and making this possible.  The RocksmithToTabLib.dll has been incorporated into the CSC Toolkit under the "CDLC 2 Tab" menu (formerly "SngToTab") giving GUI access to generating *.gp5 files.  The toolkit can generate gp5 files for maximum song difficulty or all difficulties, similar to what can be done for generating plain printable ASCII Tablature.  You can select multiple CDLC files for conversion.  You can also select specific songs and arrangements, including multi-song CDLC files .

Unfortunately, not all the features could be incorporated into the CSC Toolkit at this time.  User will still have to use the command line version of RocksmithToTab to gain full access some features, like Xml conversion to Gp5.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I make all the tabs for my customs available on UG anyways, but I often change things around in EoF after the initial tab is done, so it's great that I can finally incorporate those changes in an efficient manner. Thanks again, cabalistic.

I was rather skeptical about this project, but it has become an amazing tool. 

I'm sure it will generate ideas in peoples mind, they could not think of before.

Like creating a compilation "Best of Buckethead's Riffs"

I came up with the idea to convert the "etudes.psarc", which contains about 35 teaching lessons under names like "$[33147] - $[34420]"

I also became nostalgic with Dos batch files. So I adapted Azreals batch file my way

for dlc's I put on my desktop or in a folder on the desktop, to convert into a folder Gp5 on the desktop (on Win8.1)

title RocksmithToTab Batch-Convert

REM paths:
set RS_PATH=%userprofile%\desktop
\
set GP5_PATH=%userprofile%\desktop\Gp5\

REM Convert all files on Desktop:
for /r %RS_PATH% %%f IN (*.psarc) do ( RocksmithToTab.exe -o %GP5_PATH% %%f -fgp5)

I noticed, the "guessing" process of notes duration is wrong when notes duration were shortened by a "Rest" in the original GP file.

It's not a big issue, but maybe it's possible to activate different guessing procedures, eventually by command line options like -g1, -g2.

I also notice that some  cDLC don't convert, they have to be regenerated in the Toolkit first. 

They are not only elder ones.

Thanks. Interesting idea to convert the etudes.psarc, it actually works, which is somewhat surprising :) I would recommend to do it with option "-n {identifier}", though, which results in more sensible filenames.

I noticed, the "guessing" process of notes duration is wrong when notes duration were shortened by a "Rest" in the original GP file.

It's not a big issue, but maybe it's possible to activate different guessing procedures, eventually by command line options like -g1, -g2.

Unfortunately, that isn't really possible. Since Rocksmith conveys absolutely no information whatsoever about pauses, there are basically a million ways you could interpret a single, non-sustained note. Sustaining it till the next note is the only way that is reliable and predictable, and it is an ok approximation in many cases. The only other thing that I could do is mark all non-sustained notes as staccato, but I'm not sure that is particularly helpful.

I could not find a help topic for the -n option.

About different guessing options, I thought of respecting the real duration of sustains, (except if they have none) and fill in the rest with usual "rest", not dotted, and give the option to add this as a second track in Gp5. In weird guessing cases, it would be easy to copy the part of a correct guess from another track. Just an idea.

But that's already a problem. Sustains in original tracks and in most CDLC end shortly before a new note begins. If I were to try and honor that exactly, you would get some very weird rhythm with a lot of very short pauses that don't make any sense. To avoid that, you would already have to start and guess how long a pause would have to be to write it down.

It's worse with non-sustained notes, because there is literally no indication what is the correct length. If you listen to the music, some of those are actually sustained until the next note, while others are cut off immediately (staccato), and anything in-between. I don't have any information to get this right, and you can't guess at the correct way, either. All you could do is define a default maximum length for a note, and if the next note is farther away, fill the remainder with rests. But even that is tricky, because to get sensible results out of this, you would have to take the current bar context into account. For example, if the current note is part of a triplet, that would drastically change the sensible choices when figuring out how long to make the note and how long the pause. So it wouldn't even be easy to implement.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see a way that would provide useful output. The necessary information just isn't there.

Thanks, so Rocksmith doesn't support staccato, (cut offs) 

which confirms my criticism of Rocksmith being to permissive in rhythm to give a decent feedback.

When I play with headphones, my children only heard the "acoustic strings" without the music,

and they told me it sounded faulty even with 98%. :o

• Like 1

This is certainly one of my biggest issues with RS. Not being able to more accurately define the rhythmic patterns without making the tab look messy (especially in fast songs when the notes show up in big clusters and close together) is really annoying. By now, I tend to put accents on staccato notes for example, so I can more easily see which notes not to sustain under any circumstance so as to get the right feel. I also try to give chords only as long a sustain as they have on the record by using the "crazy" status on them.

I wish however there were more options for rhythmic notation, but thats probably something for the next RS installment.

Alright, but I can't promise anything. I've seen another arrangement fail in GP5 that loads up fine in TuxGuitar, GP6 and GP Mobile, and so I don't really have any clue what's wrong. The bend issues were at least debuggable, but it seems GP5 is kinda sensitive with some things...

you my friend, you are THE man! 

Just did a convert of my complete rocksmith folder and it worked great! All the songs in the game got converted verry fast and quite accurate aswell. I only use TuxGuitar and the ones i opened for a test all worked!

I really want to thank you fort doing this great effort! I'm going on holiday from tommorow so i can print out the tabs now and i can continue to play the giutar while sitting at the pool.  ^_^

And thats all thanks to you!

very good gob! i just tested it for fun and its works really good!

it can help if you dont have the tab and dont know how some part should be exactly playd:)

(or wanna test your own cdlc)

thanks

Check out My other CDLC [mostly j-rock] :)

ILoveGazettE's Planned/Requested/in Progress CDLCs

~You Tube Channel~

[i'll try to upload all the cdlc I make there]

GazettE DOGMA ALBUM

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy