"1" in DD levels confuses some people into thinking there is no DD

manchot66

Question

When I fill out the "submit CDLC" page, I always put a "1" in the # of DD levels, because I use the "default" setting when using the DD generator and don't know how many levels it puts in.  This confuses some people into thinking there is only one level and, in essence, there is no DD.  Can a "default" option be put in to the "number of levels" box to clear this up?  Or is there an actual number the default DD puts in or does it depend on the song?

Thanks.

11 answers to this question

I might be wrong, but depending on the complexity of the song, it will generate different amounts of levels. To find out how many levels a song has, you must open the XML generated by the Dynamic Difficulty Creator in Editor On Fire. Anyways, I don't think too many people get confused when they see 1 difficulty level, I think they mainly look at whether DD is Yes or No.

• Like 1

enable logging and review the section in the log file, it'll tell you...

here is an example of the section from one of my DDC log files.

====================================================================================================
==   G L O B A L   I N F O R M A T I O N S                                                        ==
====================================================================================================

D.D.C.                          : v2.5
XML format                      : Rocksmith 2014
Artist name                     : ACDC
Song title                      : Night Prowler
Arrangement name                : Lead
Phrase length                   : 8
Remove sustain                  : N
Configuration file              : C:\MyRS14Customs\Tools\RST\ddc\ddc_default.cfg
Ramp-up model                   : C:\MyRS14Customs\Tools\RST\ddc\ddc_default.xml
Max Differences Before Merging  : 10 %
Max Differences After Merging   : 30 %
Max Difficulty Level To Protect : 20 %
Max Differences To Link         : 25 %
DD protection limit             : 3
Maximum level of difficulty     : 7
Number of phrases               : 16
Number of phrase iterations     : 17
Average iterations by phrase    : 1
  • Like 5

I might be wrong, but depending on the complexity of the song, it will generate different amounts of levels. To find out how many levels a song has, you must open the XML generated by the Dynamic Difficulty Creator in Editor On Fire. Anyways, I don't think too many people get confused when they see 1 difficulty level, I think they mainly look at whether DD is Yes or No.

I've seen some newbs get confused by the "1" level.  I think once the people get used to the content and how it works it sinks in.

• Like 1

As you'll see from my example the two don't always match :)

That 8 for phrase length was also due to the 12/8 time signature on all but about 2 bars of that song, most others I take it back down to 4 for phrase length, and then some songs still have levels ranging from 5 to 9.  I mosty take the number from the lead guitar chart unless it's a custom without lead as they are generally the more complex tracks, but I do review each to be sure.

Another benefit of enabling the logging is you can see where DDC has identified errors and the action it has taken (if any) to try and resolve them, this information in turn can help you to make things better in the future, it also helps if trying to troubleshoot problems with the generated custom afterwards.

• Like 1

I turned of log for a while because it left me frustrated with sometimes a lot of logs like this :

==> WARNING : Section noguitar (207.084) doesn't start on the main beat of a measure (new time : 206.117)
=> 1 ms
- Phrase iterations as subsections
==> WARNING : Phrase Iteration (207.084) doesn't start on the main beat of a measure (new time : 206.117)

Now Phrases and Sections can only be placed on a beat, and I always set them on a main beat,

so why wouldn't they need this small adjustement.

What's best, I didn´t use a noguitar section. :lol: .

I'm not so worred about it or the space they take up.. 12 TB is gonna take me a little while to burn through  :ph34r:

Have you had a chat with @Chlipouni to find out why it's doing that since you have placed the P&S' on the main beat?  

might take the processing time down a nano second or 2 if it didn't have to log that  :lol:

I turned of log for a while because it left me frustrated with sometimes a lot of logs like this :

==> WARNING : Section noguitar (207.084) doesn't start on the main beat of a measure (new time : 206.117)

=> 1 ms

- Phrase iterations as subsections

==> WARNING : Phrase Iteration (207.084) doesn't start on the main beat of a measure (new time : 206.117)

Now Phrases and Sections can only be placed on a beat, and I always set them on a main beat,

so why wouldn't they need this small adjustement.

What's best, I didn´t use a noguitar section. :lol: .

The "noguitar" section is automatically added by EOF at the end of the song and is needed by RS2014 to know where the last note is.

You can ignore this warning for this specific section.