Difficulty for official songs was reset after playing custom songs

Nocaster_

Question

Hello,

I'm new to CustomForge and do apologize if this topic has been covered already. 

So here is my problem. Yesterday I tried playing custom songs for the first time. While it was lots of fun, I noticed that the difficulty for all the official songs that I have not played yet and phrases that I haven't mastered was reset.

Normally the game predicts the mastery level for each phrase, but now the mastery is the same for all phrases. To try and fix this problem, I played only official songs for about an hour, but auto mastery is still not working.

Would it help if I make a new account just for customs or am I screwed? I know it's not a big deal, but I rather like how the game accurately predicted my skill level.

3 answers to this question

My advice for you, play in original game without customs(remove bypass), ern some reputation and maximize oficial songs, than put bypass into folder and play customs(extend your knowledge, haha), because bypass cause this issue, you've catched :)

(bypass is DD file or RS Injector app that makes CDLC to work)

Thanks for the answer! This makes sense.

I actually have 2 game folders - I simply copy pasted Rocksmith 2014 and renamed the copy RS2014 Customs! Customs folder only has CDLS (no offcial dlc) and the bypass file, normal folder doesn't. Both work just fine, but the safe file is shared between the two somehow. 

EDIT: So I removed the bypass file and played for a little while, but it seems to do no difference, and doesn't bring the predicted mastery back. Oh well, small price to pay for unlimited number of custom songs I guess.  :D

I know it is kind of a loss to not have that predicted mastery when you are starting out, but trust me, once you play a lot and get better at guitar you'll want to turn your mastery up to 100% for every song you play anyways. I haven't used Dynamic Difficulty since the first Rocksmith game. So while it might be a little bit of a loss now, you won't even care about Dynamic Difficulty soon enough. :)