How to chart sustains that turn into slides

newmans1985

Question

8 answers to this question

Is there any way to edit a gp5 track in TuxGuitar in such a way that slides are directly imported as unpitched slides?

I searched around the web and it seems like TuxGuitar itself is not able to specify unpitched slides, correct?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Is there any way to edit a gp5 track in TuxGuitar in such a way that slides are directly imported as unpitched slides?

I searched around the web and it seems like TuxGuitar itself is not able to specify unpitched slides, correct?

i dont know but you are probably faster if you use shift+L in EOF to select all the same slides and change them to unpitched

Can you please explain how to mark the slide upwards or downwards in TuxGuitar?

From the screenshot of GoPlayAlong in the first post it seems like it is possible there...

But in TuxGuitar all I know is that I can either have e.g. this: 4 / 6

But than it is a regular slide.

Or this: 4 _

The straight line happens when I add a slide to a single note. But then the information up/down and approximate end fret of the unpitched slide are lost.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

TuxGuitar might not support all of the techniques Guitar Pro does, I couldn't find a slide down and up/down option in it. If this is the case, you won't be able to author it in a way EOF will automatically recognize as an unpitched slide, and you'd have to make that change once the tab is imported into EOF.

Ok, thanks for the clear answer!

Maybe I'll check outh GoPlayAlong... there seems to be a free version as well.