EoF and "grace notes"

RafaSeverino

Hi.

I'm currently correcting some gp tabs and adding some slides, hammer ons, pull offs,  that are grace notes. They doesn't "count" as notes when timing the bar, but they must be played.

However, when I import them in EoF, these notes are nowhere to be seen.

Is there something I'm missing? Does EoF import these? If so, I would like to know how.

EOF doesn't import these because the way Guitar Pro notates them (a note effect that can be either before or after the note it is applied to) may complicate the GP import code significantly. Taking that into account with the fact that grace notes are more for ornamentation than anything else, and no rhythm game supports grace notation I didn't think it was worth the hassle. The grace notes would have to be manually authored as normal notes in either GP or EOF to export to XML.

Grace notes must be positioned manually close to the main note, with a slide.  With an Linknext it looks like one note.

There are not many grace notes in a song, as they are meant to enter a first note of a group of notes.

EOF doesn't import these because the way Guitar Pro notates them (a note effect that can be either before or after the note it is applied to) may complicate the GP import code significantly. Taking that into account with the fact that grace notes are more for ornamentation than anything else, and no rhythm game supports grace notation I didn't think it was worth the hassle. The grace notes would have to be manually authored as normal notes in either GP or EOF to export to XML.

I would like to say that in music everything is ornamentation, grace notes, specially in solos are very important. Anyway if they must be added in EoF I have no problem with that.

Consider my comment as a suggestion for future improvements for EoF.

Thanks

• Like 1