What is the most underrated band(s)?

Liquidlizard

• 4 weeks later...

tbh, imo these bands are underrated in a prespective way as "not appearing in a lot of places" :

• Breaking Benjamin
  • Chevelle
  • Godsmack
  • Alter Bridge

but if you i want to say a criminaly underrated band, then (surprise,surprise) Billy Talent would be my #1 for that.

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Future of the Left. Usually placed in post-punk, noise rock category, but have quite their own unique sound.

In fact I came here looking for CDLC because the bass in their music is just so god damn delicious, but only found a mclusky (former singers band) song w/o bass option.

Mclusky were also a brilliant band. Some people may have heard of them.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Came to look for a request forum just to realise it's been closed down two months ago or so.

A ride of disappointment, haha.

It's a shame because they are brilliant. They really need some more exposure.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I want to be as badass as their bassist one day :)

futureoftheleft_paris_20120602_02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Clutch

Naxatras

1000mods

Polkadot Stingray

Bala

Octopussy

Somali Yatch Club

Vulfpeck

Knower

Madd

Mild Orange

Dream wife

Fazerdaze

Dan Patlansky

Khruangbin

Mastodon

Dead Sara

Annenmaykantereit

Good Morning

No buses

CRX

There are probably more but those are the first ones that come to my mind.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Clutch

Naxatras

1000mods

Polkadot Stingray

Bala

Octopussy

Somali Yatch Club

Vulfpeck

Knower

Madd

Mild Orange

Dream wife

Fazerdaze

Dan Patlansky

Khruangbin

Mastodon

Dead Sara

Annenmaykantereit

Good Morning

No buses

CRX

There are probably more but those are the first ones that come to my mind.

I second Clutch and 1000mods. Fantastic bands.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would have to agree Clutch is very under rated.

Also Jerry Cantrell's solo albums are very under rated for the awesome riffage on Degridation Trip Volume 1 and 2.  Boggy Depot was a good album but the anger in Degridation Trip just shines through.  I would love to see someone chart Bargain Basement Howard Hughes, Leave Me Alone, Pig Charmer, Gone.  just a few off the top of my head.

A little off from what I am seeing, but I do not see too much talk about Silverchair, at least in the United States. This might be an unpopular opinion, and I am too young to have grown up in the 90's but I barely hear about them. I have only heard people mention them when I covered one of their songs at a show a couple of years ago, but since then it's been quiet about them. I really like their first two albums (Frogstomp and Freak Show) and think they are pretty good.

Faultline (my favorite song by them)

The Closing (The song I covered)

• 3 months later...

I think a distinction between underrated and underappreciated is needed.  I wouldn't call Nightwish underrated, they have an excellent reputation and anyone that has seen or heard them perform recognizes they are very good. (Look at all the youtube videos of people reacting to Nightwish) So, it's more that their style of music isn't what a lot of people like to listen to (notably in the US) , rather than people thinking Nightwish sucks. 

I would say AC/DC is underrated, even though they are extremely popular, because their playing has always been criticized for being simple and not being very good - even though playing their songs CORRECTLY so they sound right,  is quite hard.  How many novice guitar players choose AC/DC songs to learn specifically because they think they are easy? 

I think it's similar to country music. Where in the US country artists especially the more modern ones like Brantley Gilbert, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, etc will sell out huge stadiums. But they usually won't even tour in Europe, and if they did probably would only play small venues. 

Sure maybe you've got some fans of American country music in Germany or Austria but I'd doubt it's very much. ;)

I think a lot of 80s rock bands (especially Melodirock) that went over "Big in Japan" were underrated in much of the rest of the world like Scorpions, Mr. Big, Night Ranger and Toto.

Though I think the most underrated band of the last 5 years is either Brother Firetribe. All of their albums are great! Diamond in the Firepit was a great surprise this year, probably in my top 5 albums of 2014.

Bands that fit into the symphonic metal genre such as Nightwish and Within Temptation.  I say this because it seems like I can't talk to anybody about these bands without getting a strange look because they've never heard of them.

NIghtwish is HUGE in Scandinavia, and Within Temptation is also a well known band here.

Yeah but I wish these bands would be well known in America.  I honestly believe these bands could sell out 10,000 seat arenas over here but they end up playing in small venues.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...