Favourite Album of All-Time?

Shakey64

Question

So I know that listening to individual tracks rather than albums is in vogue nowadays but I'm traditional (or old as my kids would say) and like to listen to whole albums.  What is your favourite album of all-time?  

I'll start the ball rolling, mine is London Calling by The Clash...

Cheers

Shakey

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

This is always a tough question since there are so many great songs on different albums.  Recency tends to cloud ones judgement as well, but looking at my Itunes library the one that gets played the most is "Awake" by Skillet.  I am not certain I would say that is my all time favorite, but I am sure it's right up there.

You probably wouldn't guess by that that I am in my 40's.

• Administrator

Three way tie.

System Of A Down - Toxicity

Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

• Like 1

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

Probably Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth for me. I love all the songs in that Album, specially the main one.

Guitars owned:

Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR (EMG 85-81) | Ibanez GRG20Z | B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast (EMG 85-81) | Jackson Pro King V KVT (Duncan SH-6).

Playing since:

November 11, 2013.

Favorite Genre:

Heavy Metal \m/ (specifically Death Metal, Power Metal, etc. and the heavier stuff) 

I'll list my favorite albums that you have to listen to in their entirety (strong from start to finish).

The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Beatles - Abbey Road.  The only Beatles album that was recorded with 8 track.

Pink Floyd. - the Dark Side Of the Moon

Pink Floyd - Wish You were Here

Pink Floyd - The Wall

The 70's was the greatest time for concept albums.

EDIT: reading earlier comments reminded me of one more

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell.  Brilliant album from start to finish.

Impossible to answer!  Just like I'm not sure what my favorite movie is.

But the candidates come to mind quickly for me:

Beatles - The White Album

Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's

Pearl Jam - Yield

Radiohead - OK Computer

Nirvana - Unplugged

If I could only listen to one of those for the rest of my life, it's REALLY hard to choose, but I'd probably have to go with the White Album.  First, it's a bit of cheating since it's a double album.  And the range of music on it is so diverse...it's hard to ever get bored of it.

EDIT: i'll just add that Nirvana Unplugged is the close second..just great from beginning to end, and Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is probably the greatest end to an album ever.  Kurt left nothing on the table on that one.