Favourite Album of All-Time?

Shakey64

Question

So I know that listening to individual tracks rather than albums is in vogue nowadays but I'm traditional (or old as my kids would say) and like to listen to whole albums.  What is your favourite album of all-time?  

I'll start the ball rolling, mine is London Calling by The Clash...

Cheers

Shakey

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

@@NotGuilty Most everything Metallica up to the Black Album and then including S&M is amazing but their best album is easily S&M. The symphony adds so much depth to their music that listening to it without them backing it just sounds flat.

That being said, my list in no particular order:

Bush - Sixteen Stone

Nirvana - Nevermind

Metallica - S&M (both discs)

Dire Straits - On the Night

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled

Rise Against - Appeal to Reason

I only picked albums I can listen to from beginning to end. If we go with portions of albums there are defiantly things that rank higher on the list. Pink Floyd's The Wall for instance. A lot of Hendrix, Five Finger Death Punch, and Eric Clapton, things like that. None of those make this list because I am not a fan of the entire album however.

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

Guns n' Roses - Apetite of destruction 

That album change my life :)

Kill 'em All is probably my favorite, desert island with only one album choice.  Guns Appetite for Destruction is a close second.  

Megadeth - Rust In peace and Dream Theater - Images and Words

Maybe Metallica- And Justice For All.....

An amazing ride.

My option 2 Kill em allMy option 3 And justice for allMy option 4 Rust in peaceAnd my option 5 Appetite for destructionAlthough Kill em All, And justice for all and Rust in peace, keep changing in my head every time.

If Rock/Metal related then probably Songs for the Deaf (Queens of the Stone Age), and something by Opeth at the minute, most likely Blackwater Park.

I agree the definition above, that you have to love every song on an album and not want to skip through. Other favourite albums of mine would be Bleach (Nirvana), Black Album (Metallica), Divine Intervention (Slayer).

I enjoy reading these threads, always a good indicator on what is worth listening to that I had maybe skipped before.

• Like 1

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

That was my first thought when I saw the thread title, hands down. It's just a perfect album.

There are others that follow closely:

Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination

Mind.in.a.box - Lost Alone

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

Radiohead - OK Computer

Muse - The Resistance

There are others, of course, but I'm not at home to check my collection right now :)

• Administrator

Blind Guardian - At The Edge of Time

Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica

Sabaton - Coat Of ArmsDelain - Lucidity

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -