Some blanket tutorial thoughts

Riftyou

Question

Who: For those who are moving from RS to RS 2014What: RS-1 packages conversion to RS-14. #1 Is it possible?#2 How to do it?#3 Programs needed?Who: Non PC RS users.What: RS &, RS-14 Platform converter. #1 Can it be done?#2 How to do it? #3 Programs needed?Who: AllWhat: Adding to CDLC#1 Can we take someone's work and add to? For example; if I want to add different difficulty / mastery settings or, add DD.Who: All What: Step by step breakdown of how to use the CDLC for your systems.ex: For XBox a, b, c, ... of how to get the content to work.

9 answers to this question

I will answer what I can.

There is a way to transfer RS to RS14. My understanding is there is a $10 fee with something to do with steam.

I am a non-pc user. (IE Mac) .. we are the only ones that the original RS content is not available for. The other platforms it existed. We are just SOL when it comes to that.

When it comes to adding to the work of others, it's a discussion we haven't had. For the moment I would suggest staying with the rules that have existed for a lot of time. IE you can contact the author and see what they say. If you get no response talk to one of us and we will go from there for now until a clear set of rules exists .. or we just adapt the rules from the other site.

The step by step post will get transferred over here.

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

There is a way to transfer RS to RS14. My understanding is there is a $10 fee with something to do with steam.

There is a fee to allow official DLC's to be transferred from RS to RS2014 but i don't think it works on CDLC's, I could be wrong though.

Can someone point me towards a good tutorial on creating customs for RS14 from start to finish? I've looked at a few that dealt with one aspect or another, but nothing that encompasses the entire process.

Jay Taylor

Filmmaker/Guitarplayer

www.badferret.com

Can someone point me towards a good tutorial on creating customs for RS14 from start to finish? I've looked at a few that dealt with one aspect or another, but nothing that encompasses the entire process.

I'm not aware of any tutorial for RS 2014. But the tutorials on smithy's anvil and RocksmithCustoms are a good point to start.

The important differences are: Use WWise 2013.2.x from here to generate .wem files instead of .ogg files. And don't forget to enable the RS 2014 output in EOF:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/a_peter42/RsCustomsTools/eof-settings_zpsd1b73f17.png

CDLCs may be converted from RS to RS2014 using the Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit. But the original creator should be asked before.

Not quite that easy. Need to unpack the .dat file and create a new EOF file. Select the unpacked .ogg and then import the XML from the unpacked file. Techniques are different between the two versions and need the wwise 2013 version to create a .wem file for repacking with the toolkit.
  • Like 1

Hi jman

I think SkepticSquid is going to make a basic tutorial for customs on RS2014 for us who are struggling to put it all together.

Fingers crossed. :cool: