Groove, Melodic, Symphonic, and Death (Heavy) metal bands?

shockdude

Question

Lately I've been playing a ton of different types of heavy metal, but especially melodic and groove: Lamb of god, Gojira, Mastodon, Death, Korn, Wintersun, Arch Enemy, Dethklok, you get the idea. I love playing songs from these bands on my guitar and bass (yes I have a 5-string) and cannot get enough of their unique sounds. Any other bands similar to these that I could check out for some CDLC?

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Hello, sorry for a late response. I agree with all of the bands that Sharkman828 recommended, he has good taste. By looking at some of the bands that you like, I really think you would enjoy the band "The Faceless". They're very heavy, unique, progressive and just plain awesome. I started a Discography Project for them recently, you should check them out.

• Like 1

• Administrator

i'll add In Flames, Iced Earth, Pantera to the list too.

Probably Slipknot too but it's not melodic or symphonic in any kind of way.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

More Gojira...

i haven't bothered with a thread but i plan to keep making more GOJIRA Customs...

• Like 1

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

i'll add In Flames, Iced Earth, Pantera to the list too.

Probably Slipknot too but it's not melodic or symphonic in any kind of way.

I've already downloaded a ton of In Flames. I'm not a huge fan of Slipknot, but I think I've still downloaded some of their stuff.

More Gojira...

i haven't bothered with a thread but i plan to keep making more GOJIRA Customs...

Haha, I can never get enough of Gojira.

Thanks to everyone for these suggestions and special thanks to those of you who have uploaded customs from these bands. I love almost all these bands. Now I have enough songs to learn that I'll eventually get carpal tunnel and possibly whiplash! xD

Never heard of Gojira before comming here - didn't they have a different name some years back? Well, shame on me for ignoring french metal - they're awesome. the CDLCs already made are also absolutely awesome.

Opeth might not be what you're looking for, but they are most deifnitely worth checking out - the Opeth CDLCs are also of very good quality. Death is perhaps to old school, but extremely fun to play once you have them nailed down (guitar at least)

• Like 2

CDLC WIP:

Gorefest - Reality When You Die

Ulver - I troldskogen faren vild

Ulver - Soelen gaaer bag aase need

Various old Paradise Lost from back when they sounded a lot less bland than today

These will take time - 2 dogs, work, band, wife and dishwashing is apparently more important than making CDLCs

Never heard of Gojira before comming here - didn't they have a different name some years back? Well, shame on me for ignoring french metal - they're awesome. the CDLCs already made are also absolutely awesome.

Opeth might not be what you're looking for, but they are most deifnitely worth checking out - the Opeth CDLCs are also of very good quality. Death is perhaps to old school, but extremely fun to play once you have them nailed down (guitar at least)

Gojira and Death are amazing on guitar and bass. Opeth seems to have a unique style, and a lot of their songs sound awesome. I'll probably download a couple from them.

Thanks again for all these suggestions everyone! I didn't expect this many people to be responding, so from here on out I won't be posting any more "thanks" comments unless someone lists a band that I think deserves a special comment. I'm always looking to expand my taste in metal, so keep on posting your favorite metal bands! \m/

• Like 1

If you like your music slow and heavy, like my women, then check out Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats.

This.

Also, other bands that are like Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats would be other Doom metal and Stoner Metal bands, some of which I'm really surprised to not see on Customsforge like Sleep, Electric Wizard, Conan, Dopethrone and Kyuss.

Kyuss actually have a few songs made on Customsforge, actually.

• Like 1

Symphony X are brilliant, they're very symphonic and progressive though you need chops to attempt their songs :)

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

If you like your music slow and heavy, like my women, then check out Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats.

This.

Also, other bands that are like Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats would be other Doom metal and Stoner Metal bands, some of which I'm really surprised to not see on Customsforge like Sleep, Electric Wizard, Conan, Dopethrone and Kyuss.

Kyuss actually have a few songs made on Customsforge, actually.

Yes, I know. I already put up a Sleep/EW request form. I think the problem maybe that they are a little tough to decipher from all the fuzz and you know, most songs are incredibly long.

But, OP, definitely get the two available uncle acid cdlc's, they are very groovy

Slappin' Da Bass

+1 KYUSS

Also Mondo Generator (Nick Oliveri)

Nick Steven Oliveri (born October 21, 1971) is an American musician from Palm Desert, California. Bassist, guitarist, vocalist.

He is most widely known as a bassist with KyussQueens of the Stone Age, and Dwarves, and has also performed with the reunited Kyuss under the names Kyuss Lives! and Vista Chino.[1]

As a bandleader, his main project is Mondo Generator, a punk/metal hybrid that he formed in 1997.[2]

PS: Saw them live in Brisbane years ago... really enjoyed it, only negative if you can call it that is worrying that their Drummer was gonna kark it during the set... he was bright red and sweating profusely...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

These are mostly Metalcore/Groove Metal/Death Metal that are maybe not so known:

Mutiny Within (Power/Metalcore)

Threat Signal (Metalcore, the song on the video has been my wife's ringtone for the past 7 years)

Scar Symmetry (Swedens gift to metalworld)

Diablo (Finnish "äijämetal")

Medeia (Finnish death metal)

Nicole (Finnish death metal)

MyGrain (Finnish thrash/metalcore)

Diecast  (USA metalcore, they'll release a new album this year)

Dark Age (German Metalcore)

The Arcane Order (Danish symphonic metal)

Raunchy (Danish Metalcore)

Dreamshade (Swiss metalcore, similar to KSE)

Deadlock (German Thrash/Death/Metalcore)

Bleed The Sky (USA Groove Metal)

Disarmonia Mundi (Italian/Swedish metalcore. Björn 'Speed' Strid is the vocalist (singer of Soilwork))

Rise to Fall (Spanish metalcore)

Mors Principium Est (Finnish death metal, epic guitar solo on the video)

Heart Of A Coward (UK Djent)

Hacktivist (Djent &Rap, they play in Drop E)

Erra (USA  )

Dead By April (Sweden Metalcore)

Caliban (German Metalcore)

Breakdown Of Sanity (Swiss metalcore)

The Interbeing (Danish Metalcore)

There are some CDLC:s from Caliban, Raunchy, Diablo, Erra, Dead By April, Bleed The Sky, Breakdown Of Sanity, Mors Principium Est. Scar Symmetry is coming, at least someone is making them what I've seen on the forums. At some point when I have time, I'll start making some of these that are missing.

• Like 1