Song not showing up? Let's fix that.

SmellyOrc

So, you downloaded a CDLC but it's not showing up? Awww. Maybe it's shy? Or maybe you haven't read this thread yet: http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

Or, maybe, you haven't bought any official DLC. Most people got Cherub Rock when they preordered the game, and most CDLC use that app id. You don't have to buy it, as you can just update the appid of every CDLC you download to the app id that you DO have.

Do that, then read this:

1) Download and extract the toolkit. Here it is: http://www.rscustom.net/builds

2) Open toolkit (Rocksmithtoolkitgui.exe)

3) Click on the Packer/Unpacker tab:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/34301/60f19f343000064.jpg

4) Under the App Id, click on Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock to bring up a list of all/most of the official DLC that has been released.

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/34301/e983f2343000990.jpg

5) Select the appid of a song that you already possess. So, again, this means you must own at least one official DLC.

6) Click on choose DLC

7) You can now select one or more .psarc files that need their app id updated.

8) ???

9) Profit!

Does this not work? Make sure you don't have any duplicates of the same CDLC, or CDLCs with the same Artist/SongName combo. Also, make sure the file ends with .psarc (if you have "Show file extensions" enabled).

Furthermore: Check to see if you have any songs with the same SONG Title. These two DLCs probably have the same DLCName, which is why they don't show up:

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/34446/14901a344452663.jpg

Just put in a different name in that box (click on Import Package, select the custom you want to fix, select folder to unpack files into), generate package, and select the /dlc folder. Done!

• Like 2

Nice tutorial, but an incorrect AppID isn't the only cause of customs not showing up in Rocksmith.

Multiple versions of the same custom can cause them not to show up.  Conflicting song titles/artists can cause them not to show up.  Having a Mac qualifier on the end of the file name "songX_m.psarc(2)" for example, will cause them to not show up.

Nice tutorial, but an incorrect AppID isn't the only cause of customs not showing up in Rocksmith.

Multiple versions of the same custom can cause them not to show up.  Conflicting song titles/artists can cause them not to show up.  Having a Mac qualifier on the end of the file name "songX_m.psarc(2)" for example, will cause them to not show up.

I'll add those first two. The latter has its extension changed. OF COURSE it's not going to show up.

I'll add those first two. The latter has its extension changed. OF COURSE it's not going to show up.

I know the reason why it doesn't show up.  But just because it's obvious to you and me, doesn't make it obvious for everybody.  I've had to help a few people who have had that be the problem they were experiencing.

Anyway, it's nice that you're posting these tutorials.  Now if we could only find a way to make them all required reading :)

• Like 2

Can we go in depth on what to do when two songs are named the same? For example, there is a "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd and a "Wish You Were Here" by Avril Lavigne. There is also another version of "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd (user Plum's Version). 

http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/34442/b4aa2f344412402.jpg

In the image (make sure to click on it until it goes fullscreen), I've used the "Import Package" function in the Rocksmith Toolkit on all three customs. Avril Lavigne is on the left, Pink Floyd is in the middle, and Pink Floyd Plum's Version is on the right. From my understanding, as long as the "DLC Name" (the red arrows in the picture) are different, the songs can show up in Rocksmith together. That is why Avril Lavigne and Pink Floyd do not show up together, but why Plum smartly changed the "DLC Name" in his version so that it can show up. Now, in order to fix the Avril Lavigne and Pink Floyd version, do I just change the "DLC Name" for either one of the customs and then click "Generate?" (I actually remember trying this a long time ago on a couple of songs and I ended up losing most of those song's notes when I played it in Rocksmith. Not sure what I did wrong.) Could I also just change the APP ID of one of the customs so that they have different APP IDs? Also, I really think we need to have a system so that this doesn't happen in the future. For example, there are 3 different versions of Metallica's "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and there are many examples of people posting a different version of the same song because they believe they have made a better custom or they use different tabs.  We need to have a system in place that makes sure whoever uploads a custom is aware of all this so that all customs can coexist peacefully in Rocksmith.

• Like 1

That is a very good point. And to your question: yes, changing the DLC name should make the song show up. I don't know why you lost all the notes on that one song. Freak of nature perhaps. And instead of having a system in place for that, I think the toolkit could be modified to give a different DLC Name for new songs. I'll check with alex on that :)

Sounds excellent! Since the "DLC Name" doesn't matter, is there perhaps a way that the toolkit could be modified to just name it automatically? It could even take away the option to insert a "DLC Name" at all and it just automatically makes it something random like "adsjf4i5we5j3134aj6ejladsk." This way there won't even be a chance for there to be any duplicate "DLC Names."

I just tried it with a song of mine. Gave it a different song name, different album name, different song sort, but the same DLC Name, and it did not show up in RS2014. When I changed the DLC Name, it did not show up either. So maybe there's something else going on?

But to your suggestion: I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Administrator

The Arrangement ID (set randomly by the toolkit) can cause problem if two song have the exact same arrangement ID on one part, you can obtain the same Arr ID by preparing one song in the toolkit and not deleting the arrangement when you create a new one the toolkit will keep the exact same ID in this case cause he create a new ID only when you add an arrangement.

It's not something you'll see often but it's one thing that could cause problems with customs.

Otherwise, it's the DLC name that matter, it's supposed to be a sort of ID for RS when enumerating apparently and having the exact same DLC name can cause some problem.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The Arrangement ID (set randomly by the toolkit) can cause problem if two song have the exact same arrangement ID on one part, you can obtain the same Arr ID by preparing one song in the toolkit and not deleting the arrangement when you create a new one the toolkit will keep the exact same ID in this case cause he create a new ID only when you add an arrangement.

It's not something you'll see often but it's one thing that could cause problems with customs.

Otherwise, it's the DLC name that matter, it's supposed to be a sort of ID for RS when enumerating apparently and having the exact same DLC name can cause some problem.

That does explain why mine didn't show up. Guess I'll post an issue at rscustom.net to have them change the automatic DLC Name to something different.

I still have some songs i can't get to work.. I'm not really sure why. Maybe they mess up somehow while converting from PC to Mac?

Yeah, that happens sometimes.  It's been happening to me a lot.  Try asking the charter to convert it on their end if you converted it yourself.

And if it still doesn't work, verify with the charter that they're using the latest version of the toolkit.

I still have some songs i can't get to work.. I'm not really sure why. Maybe they mess up somehow while converting from PC to Mac?

Yeah, that happens sometimes.  It's been happening to me a lot.  Try asking the charter to convert it on their end if you converted it yourself.

And if it still doesn't work, verify with the charter that they're using the latest version of the toolkit.

It's really strange - I've had a few songs not show up for the longest time, and just now I restarted steam and started Rocksmith and there they were. Who knows how long they'll be there before they disappear again!

• 5 weeks later...

I run into the same/similar problem after converting from PC to Mac. Also, some Mac customs just won't show up at all after being converted from the charter. Depending on whether I open RSInjector or the RS14 app itself, or whether Steam is connected to or disconnected from the internet, certain songs will show up and certain songs won't. Luckily there is a lot of content here to keep me busy for years, but I have no idea why some songs show up all the time, some songs are picky whether or not they want to appear, and some songs just never ever show up - even after everything I try in this thread.

It's just a headache to remember "A" song will only show up if steam is disconnected from the internet and opened with RSInjector, or "B" song will only show up if steam is connected and I use RS14.. and "C" song worked before but disappeared into the ether, and "D" song is hopeless to appear.

• 7 months later...

Is there a known issue of just having way too many songs? Part of my songs that I had previously gotten from a pirate bay pack never worked but I assumed that was just bad files. Now after downloading new  song files from here those don't show up either even though all the stuff on them is correct.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...