Odd situation with handshape and crazy status

firekorn

• Administrator

So my understanding of it so far was that the crazy status allowed me to force a new display of a chord even if it's inside a marked handshape but i find myself in a situation where whatever i tried the chord always end up in a repeat panel even though nothing should force it to be in high density :

RQP3zLy.png

this ends up as this which isn't what i would have expected at all and not what EOF 3D preview would suggest either.

wMV4IH5.png

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Is DDC being used? Does the XML file itself show the chords in question to be marked as high density (ie. have the highDensity="1" attribute)? I made a quick excerpt of one of these in EOF and it wasn't marked as high density or anything, but it didn't get a new handshape written for it (since it's already in a handshape). It's been a while since I messed with this kind of thing, so I can't remember the game's actual requirements for this. It's possible you may have to do some trickery like end one handshape right before (ie. within a couple milliseconds) the start of the chord slide and put that chord at the beginning of that slide in its own handshape to force the game to draw a new chord box for it.

• Administrator

@@raynebc No DDC and none of the chord get the highDensity attribute.

I would like to avoid to have to get multiple handshape in that section as much as possible, getting them close to look like a unique one will require me to mess with my EOF settings temporarily while i would have expected the crazy status to allow me to force it.

I'm not sure of the game requirement, i might have to check some things up around to dig an official DLC that does this but i'm sure there is so there should be a way :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

So it's the toolkit messing this up then i suppose. Time to do another fun bug post :)

Took a look at recently released oDLC and they all recreate the handshape and let a space between the same chord handshape. Guess i'm good to make a lot more handshape for that part.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography