Editor on Fire Duplicates Measures After Import

The Guitar Pro file probably has measure repeats, where the transcription was authored to intentionally repeat measures. If you provide me the GP file in question I can confirm if this is the case.

It seems to have repeats, as well as alternate endings which EoF doesn't seem to handle well (or at all in this case). Is there a workaround?

Were it so easy...

The Guitar Pro file probably has measure repeats, where the transcription was authored to intentionally repeat measures. If you provide me the GP file in question I can confirm if this is the case.

It seems to have repeats, as well as alternate endings which EoF doesn't seem to handle well (or at all in this case). Is there a workaround?

Unless there's a better way I'm unaware of you have to remove them manually. Remove the repeats and copy paste the song parts in order to match the song.

You could export the tab as a midi and re-import it into GP5 to remove the repeats and then copy paste parts of the original tab over it to fix the hand positions.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

EOF has supported repeats and alternate endings for years and nobody has said it isn't working until now. Make sure you're using the latest hotfix, because the unpatched 1.8RC12 release of EOF wouldn't have years of fixes.

If you send me the Guitar Pro file, I'll check it. Until then, I'll assume the latest EOF imports it correctly.

I only seem to have this issue when converting tux guitar tabs into gp5 tabs that use repeats. I guess its an issue with tux guitar converting the files.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

EOF has supported repeats and alternate endings for years and nobody has said it isn't working until now. Make sure you're using the latest hotfix, because the unpatched 1.8RC12 release of EOF wouldn't have years of fixes.

If you send me the Guitar Pro file, I'll check it. Until then, I'll assume the latest EOF imports it correctly.

Sorry if I was rude, I don't mean to be. Here's the GP https://drive.google.com/file/d/12XqZ5PkPuo_uVAIQZ0vqMrbrpni1ij1u/view?usp=sharing

Were it so easy...

I was following along in Guitar Pro 5 how EOF was unwrapping all the repeats and alternate endings, but then Guitar Pro gave the "Erreur de verification d'etendue" error, which means the Guitar Pro file was corrupt. My guess is that this is a botched conversion from a newer Guitar Pro format, which is not an uncommon problem with Guitar Pro 6 and newer. EOF can't be blamed for a broken GP5 file.

Up to the point where Guitar Pro complained about the file being corrupt, the only possible issue I see (and this would require a person strongly familiar with music notation to confirm) is that after the Da Segno marker at the end of measure 56 causes the song to seek to the segno marker at measure 31, whether measures 39 and 40 are supposed to be played again (as EOF does during the import) or if they should be skipped because those alternate ending measures were already played.