Any great covers of pop songs? (like Paul Gilbert doing ABBA!)

SandyD

Question

I just recently found that someone posted Paul Gilbert doing an awesome cover of ABBA's "Dancing Queen".

It was a totally random thing too, so it got me wondering if there's other similar CDLC covers out there?

Do you have a favorite you want to share?  I have no idea what to search for even if I were to try.

I'll answer my own question...sheesh...lol

There's a great ska version of "Come On Eileen" by Save Ferris.  Super fun.

And, Brian Setzer does a banging version of "Sleepwalk"

haha...I was going to say Slade doing "Cum On Feel The Noise" is great too...but that's the original!  I didn't know that!

NOW, any others you can think of?

i know of a few really...alanis morriset doing king of pain by police..no cdlc tho

rob Thomas from matchbox 20 doing time after time from cindy lauper

john mayer does messages in the bottle from the police

metallica doing bob segar turn the page

5 finger death punch doin blue on black is real good  Kenny wayne sheppard cover

I don't think any are cdlc tho…..maybe put em on request list! someone may produce a cdlc of them

• Like 3

i know of a few really...alanis morriset doing king of pain by police..no cdlc tho

rob Thomas from matchbox 20 doing time after time from cindy lauper

john mayer does messages in the bottle from the police

metallica doing bob segar turn the page

5 finger death punch doin blue on black is real good  Kenny wayne sheppard cover

I don't think any are cdlc tho…..maybe put em on request list! someone may produce a cdlc of them

Man, I'd like cdlc for those first 3! Too bad.

Halestorm's Bad Romance DLC is a pop cover I like.

There's a CDLC cover of Michael Jackson's (somewhat obscure song) They Don't Care About Us that is fun.  The tuning is non-standard so I don't play it super often but if I do end up in that tuning I do play it.

• Like 2

'From first to last, the peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes.'

There's a CDLC cover of Michael Jackson's (somewhat obscure song) They Don't Care About Us that is fun.  The tuning is non-standard so I don't play it super often but if I do end up in that tuning I do play it.

Yeah, that Halestorm cover rocks!  I think I like it more than the original.

Will check out that MJ cover...although since I have a Floyd on my guitar, alternate tunings are mostly verboten...lol

• Like 1

Don;t think there's cdlc for any of these, and their really should be.

THAT TOY DOLLS SONG ROCKS!!!! Haha...I love the band and am always surprised when I bump into anyone who's ever heard of them.  Pity too...Olga's an insanely good guitarist!

Yeah, that Halestorm cover rocks!  I think I like it more than the original.

Will check out that MJ cover...although since I have a Floyd on my guitar, alternate tunings are mostly verboten...lol

Yeah it's in D drop C which is pretty odd but the song is really pretty good. 

I have a digitech drop tuner and while the I don't use a floyd, I do have evertune lol, but anyway it's just tune to drop D then use the drop tuner to drop it all down another half step.

• Like 1

'From first to last, the peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes.'

spiderbait  doin blackbetty   from ramjam   is also good...there use to be a cdlc of it on here ..I DL'd it but now its gone?.....same as the alantis morrisett king of pain..was on here..cause I DL'd it.....I was wondering..where the hell is all those files.....I have a ton of cdlc I got all of em from here...but now some of them are gone...vanished....there a backup spot for cdlc on here..just wondering where they went to :)

• Like 1