This is the centerpiece of CFSM, where you will be spending most time while using the application.
GENERAL OPTIONS (right-click on a song/selection of songs):
NOTE nr1: in order to delete a song, you have to tick the checkbox, just clicking on it won't do it (it may sound unintuitive, but trust us, it's better than accidentaly messing up more than you wanted)
NOTE nr2: you can select multiple songs and right click on any one of them in order to Delete/Backup/(Dis/)Enable all of them at once
Open Song Page – open the song in Ignition (currently unavailable)
Play/Pause Selected Song – unpack the audio from the selected song and play it
Edit Song Information – edit general info, tunings, tones, ... (explained in more detail later)
Tagger Preview – preview how the album art would look if it was tagged with the selected tag (explained under custom mods)
Show Song Info - open a tab with some general info about the song and it's album artwork
Enable/Disable Song – if you don't want to see a song in the game, bu't dont feel like deleting it, you can disable it using this feature
Delete Songs – unlike disabling, this will actually remove the song, both from the game and your dlc folder
Backup Songs – you can backup your song, they are normally located in Documents/CFSM/Backups (later they can be restored using the Restore button under Files menu)
RESCAN: if you added a new song, or removed a some without restarting CFSM, you can either do a quick scan (find only changed/added/deleted songs) or a full one (rescan all songs)
REPAIRS: take a look at the post below - this feature deserves a post of its own
- Edit App IDs - if you decided to use a different official DLC song, you can use this feature to change App IDs to that’s song ID in bulk - just select all your songs, click on Edit App IDs, choose that official song and press Apply
- Add Custom Title Tag - add a text tag to titles of selected songs - can be used as an additional way of filtering your songs in game (eg., use the search function to find all songs in B Standard, select all of them and add a tag 'B Std' that you can use to find those songs in game )
Options (position of the tag):
a) Add as prefix
Add as suffix
- Pitch Shifter - play your songs as if you were using a pedal like Digitech Drop without spending any money, just don’t forget to wear headphones!
This feature will add an in-game pitch shifter pedal to all the tones in a song and change the tuning accordingly to one of the basic tunings ( E Std. if the song is in one of the standard tunings or Drop D if it was in a drop tuning)
Force E Standard Tuning -even if a song is in a drop tuning, change the pitch and tuning to E Standard
Preserve Stats – you can keep your old stats from the original version
Warning–if you choose to Preserve Stats, don't keep both versions active (in the dlc folder), because having two versions of the same song (with same stats, therefore the same ID as well) is sure to cause in-game hangs
Overwrite File – the existing version will be replaced by a pitch-shifted one
Note: this option is available to CDLC only, CFSM will not edit official dlc files at all.
If you feel like adding a custom tag to your CDLC album artwork, you can use this feature.
Tag Style - pick one of the offered tag styles
Tag Album Artwork - add a tag
Un-Tag - remove it
- ‘The’ mover - move ‘The’ from the beginning of a song title or artist name to the end to mitigate the possible problem with alphabetic sorting
- Show My CDLC – as of now, it's implementation is gone. In other words, it currently does exactly nothing when you click on it
- Check CDLC/ODLC - determines if any of your CDLC have been replaced by ODLC
- Clean ‘dlc’ folder - removes any old backup files (.cor, .max, .org) from dlc folder and its subfolders
- Archive - CFSM can backup your songs in the Backups subfolder of it’s root folder (Documents/CFSM) - select the songs that you want to backup and
- Restore - if you have any backups already, you can restore them using this featur. Just find click on the desired backup extension (i.e., if your backups are saved as .bak, click on .bak) and all songs from the Backup folder with that extension will be restored to your dlc folder
- Organize Artist Name Subfolders - this feature will quickly organize all your CDLC into ArtistName subfolders and rename CDLC with ‘ArtistName_SongName_VerNumber_p.psarc”
Warning: if you use custom setlists in Setlist Manager, don't use Organize/Restore because they will mess up your setlists!
Restore CDLC to ‘dlc’ folder - moves all songs back to the ‘dlc’ folder - bascially, it reverts what the previous option has done to your collection
Option: Include ODLC Files - organize CDLC as well as DLC
EXPORT: You can export your song collection with currently shown columns (as in, columns which are shown in the main grid will be exported) in five different formats (BB Code, HTML, JSON, XML and CSV)
FILTERING AND SEARCHING (this applies to all song grids in CFSM):
1) Start typing a keyword or two in the search box and CFSM will automatically update your song lists with those songs that match the keyword(s) that you entered.
2) Above each column in the song grid, you can see a funnel icon that can be clicked on – it's used to filter your song collection by that column.
When the collection is filtered by a column, its funnel gets a little red X next to it.
As you can see, in this case, I sorted my collection by Artist, specifically Gojira.
Note: to change the filter it is recomended to 'reset filters' first then add a new one from the drop downs. Attempting to change a set filter from the drop downs often results in crashing of CFSM.
3)You can define your own filtering rules for a certain category, by picking (Custom) and providing your own (sorta) query.
You will be greeted by this little window:
Check Does Not if you want to exclude songs when this particular query is valid. „Does Not Include „metallica“ will remove anything with metallica from the results.
Next pick between Contains, StartsWith, EndsWith and Like options.The Like operator functions in a similar manner to SQL queries, so you can write a query manually if you prefer.
This query will exclude all songs whose Artists DON'T contain the word 'System'
You can add multiple queries together by pressing the Add button and glueing those two options together by choosing between 'And' or 'Or' operators. (And = all of them have to be valid, Or = only one needs to be valid for song to be included)
P.S. Due to a recent change in how tunings are parsed in CFSM, you may encouter something like this fairly silly looking offering of possible filters, which may not be all that usable, but hey, you can always put the desired tunning in the search box. (normally (in the initial CFSM versions) they were be based of a single arrangement, but now Tuning column shows the tuning of each Arrangement separately)
Edited by Cozy1