What is BRE

Hello everyone.

Who can tell me what the BRE level is in e.o.f

Easy Medium Hard Expert BRE

I know that basic as a question but I have not found anything about it.

Thank you.

Would not it be wise to modify e.o.f according to the game we are working on.

By that I mean to have an option to determine the project's game so as not to have options from another games in e.o.f

I agree with that @@Dthos

Just to know if it would be better to differentiate the different games. After that will require some work of modification of the soft but it would not be possible to mix the options.

I could probably make a change so that if neither Rock Band nor FoF/Phase Shift exports are enabled, but Rocksmith 1 or 2 export is enabled, the difficulty limit for pro guitar/bass tracks is removed by default. This would make removed the named difficulties for those tracks and apply numbered difficulties instead. For this to take effect, you'd have to disable the FoF and Phase Shift export preference (which is enabled by default in File>Preferences>Import/Export), but let me know if this would be helpful.

• Like 1

Don’t know if this can be fixed but speaking of difficulties, would there be an import option when importing xmls, the difficulties show up instead of the full chart before exporting? It annoys me cause even hitting Remove difficulty limit removes notes.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

Same thing with editing notes and agreement:

Lane 1 2 3 4 5 and legacy does not it serve for another game?

There are surely others.

I'm not trying to revolutionize E.O.F but if these changes are simple to achieve, can be done little by little, improve the experience and help everyone, why not.

• Administrator

The thing is that there's also people using EOF for other game to take into account, some stuff can't just be getting rid of because you don't use it for RS.

As for @@I)ark_Seph remark, it's related to xml import that include DD to allow some kind of import that would only use the highest difficulty but this can already be solved with DDC if i'm not mistaking and the step to get back to a single difficulty chart is rather easy in EOF though not quite obvious.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Having an option for EOF to automatically delete all lower difficulty levels during an import could lead to some serious bugs if it was programmed wrongly, when otherwise flattening an arrangement to one difficulty level with existing functions takes only a matter of tens of seconds.

Having an option to hide all non Rocksmith relevant tracks could also be messy to implement.

As for @@I)ark_Seph saying that the "Remove difficulty limit" removes notes, I'm not sure what he means. By design, the difficulty limit being enabled/disabled determines whether the BRE difficulty (#4) is merely a Rock Band mechanism instead of a playable difficulty, and determines whether that difficulty will export to MIDI (it will if the difficulty limit is active) or XML (it will if the difficulty limit is disabled).

• 1 month later...

Don’t know if this can be fixed but speaking of difficulties, would there be an import option when importing xmls, the difficulties show up instead of the full chart before exporting? It annoys me cause even hitting Remove difficulty limit removes notes.

I am in the same case as @@I)ark_Seph

Is it possible to make the import of an XML file already created in E.O.F with dynamic difficulty, can display the entire chart in one.

By that I mean to make all the separate chart in one as before when there was no dynamic difficulty for more readability in order to easily modify the notes.

Thank you.