CDLC Folders!

Teinashu

• Administrator

For every charter who uses a folder to share their customs. 

We've decided to ban the use of such folders.
1. Charters forget to remove songs that are now official dlc.
2. Once you have a folder with 150 songs it is very annoying to find the song you are looking for.

Please use Direct links or a folder for a single song in the case of platforms/multitracks!

We will give charters the time till the 11th of October to change out their links.
After that date we will remove such links.

• Like 8

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw this, until I read a bit further...

I link to a folder for each individual song so that I don't have to change the link when new versions/updates are placed in the folder. Glad to know this will still be allowed.

• Like 2

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• Administrator

I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw this, until I read a bit further...

I link to a folder for each individual song so that I don't have to change the link when new versions/updates are placed in the folder. Glad to know this will still be allowed.

You should be fine. :) We only have problems with the people who link to their whole DLC folder with multiple customs, that is a no-no.

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Me too - I do the same. Phew!

• Like 1

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

• Administrator

@@Antithez Mostly make sure that we can't find any CDLC of official DLC in there cause that would be a problem, other than that in your workshop you're free to link to a full folder.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

New to this charting lark, would I need to manually pull down links if/when a song I chart becomes an official Dlc?

If so, what kind of time frame do we have?

The mods will notify you if one of your songs becomes an official DLC, and they'll remove it for you. They're just referring to people that use one "master link" for many songs.

Just make sure you provide a unique link for each song you create, and you probably won't have to do anything at all in the event that one of your creations becomes an official DLC.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

New to this charting lark, would I need to manually pull down links if/when a song I chart becomes an official Dlc?

If so, what kind of time frame do we have?

I think so long as you link to the record page and not directly to the file you should be alright, since as @@GetTheLedOut and @@Lovroman have said the staff here will handle the record pages. However, if you were to link directly to the file from your workshop page or in other comments that could be a problem.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!