Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hi, folks.  The new release candidate (1.8RC9) is in the first post.  Changes since the previous hotfix are as follows:

*Changed the SHIFT+T shortcut that toggles MIDI tones so that it can be toggled on/off during chart playback.

*Improved keyboard handling logic so that the numberpad enter key can be used in dialog functions.

*Fixed a tech note RS2 export bug where the "bend" attribute of a note/chordNote tag didn't reflect the strongest bend within the note.

*Fixed a bug where unpitched slide tech notes weren't displayed or exported to XML correctly.

*Fixed a bug where a chord inside of an arpeggio phrase didn't preserve the "ignore" status when broken into single notes.

*Improved the RS2 export of partially ghosted chords, which will now not use an arpeggio chord template unless the chord in question is also within an arpeggio phrase.

*Fixed the key detection for spacebar, - and = related keyboard shortcuts.

*Corrected RS export to write the hours in the lastConversionDateTime tag properly as a value from 0 to 23.

*Changed RS2 export to write chordNote tags for all chords, since it's been determined Rocksmith 2014 requires this to avoid graphical glitches.

*Updated auto-adjust logic to handle fret hand positions.

*Updated auto-adjust logic to move tech notes as well as regular notes.

*Updated the logic so that when the first beat marker is moved, the tech notes are moved accordingly.

*Updated the "Insert new difficulty", "Paste from", "Erase track", "Erase track difficulty" and "Manage RS phrases" functions to handle tech notes.

*Updated the color coding for the display of Rocksmith phrases to reflect the normal notes, not the tech notes.

*Fixed a bug with RS import logic where some escape characters weren't read correctly, and improved Go PlayAlong import to support GP files with escape characters in their names.

*Improved the "Beat>Reset BPM" function to allow you specify whether tempo changes after the selected beat are removed instead of all tempo changes after the first beat.

And here's the customary wall of text changelog for RC9:

http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=625266#p625266

It's been a long time coming, but Rocksmith 2014 authoring should be pretty stable now even though some features are notably not complete yet (ie. Score Attack support).  Lame has been updated to the latest version (3.99.5).  Oggenc2 has been updated to the latest version (2.87).  Oggcat has not been updated since the latest version (0.8a) always forces a re-encode instead of trying to concatenate the files as-is.  The documentation probably needs more work, let me know if anything is particularly lacking.  I'm planning on adding a built-in tutorial for Rocksmith 1 and 2 authoring, and that is something I really want to finish before the 1.8 stable release or the next release candidate, whichever is first.  I'm working on an outline and I may post a working draft to get public comment on what's needed to flesh it out.  The keyboard logic changes since RC8 may work better or worse for you depending on your keyboard layout, but if anything doesn't work as well as it used to when you are in English US layout, let me know.

• Like 2

Great! and you also reworked help files as I can see, but Can I as to enable Num 0-9 keys also affect on ctrl+0-9 hotkey for pro notes(its setup note fret number) I really miss that its so comfortable to use num keyboard love it and if you guys still use regular - you should learn Num kbd its time-saver for numbers input process ;)

*doubleposted here and there*

I've got a problem with EOF:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7727/llgu.png

This occurs sometimes and sometimes not while saving. In the song I chart there aren't any "uncommon" chords.

Also - why EOF doesn't save the arpeggio phrases and sometimes does?

Will it be possible in the future to place all these slides (in tech view) in one line? Because if i place the "2" slide on the line with all others slides the "2" becomes a "1" slide. On the beginning I didn't place the slides on the green and purple strings, because only the slide on the orange string was meant to slide to other fret, but the situation looked like that: green and orange slid correctly, but the purple string didn't slide - it was a sustain, so I placed tech notes on all the strings, but the slide on the orange string occurs slightly later and it's visible in game.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7456/31kt.png

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

I've got a problem with EOF:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7727/llgu.png

I'd need the project file that causes this, if you are able to reproduce the error reliably.

Also - why EOF doesn't save the arpeggio phrases and sometimes does?

There is a bug with RC9 where if you leave tech view enabled for a track, change to another track and then change back to the first track, some phrases are removed because some clean up logic wasn't updated have handling for tech notes yet. This will be corrected in the next hotfix.

Will it be possible in the future to place all these slides (in tech view) in one line? Because if i place the "2" slide on the line with all others slides the "2" becomes a "1" slide.

That's not something I'm going to change, it would require far too many hours of programming and debugging to allow notes at the same position to not merge into a single chord.

On the beginning I didn't place the slides on the green and purple strings, because only the slide on the orange string was meant to slide to other fret, but the situation looked like that: green and orange slid correctly, but the purple string didn't slide - it was a sustain, so I placed tech notes on all the strings, but the slide on the orange string occurs slightly later and it's visible in game.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7456/31kt.png

The non tech note slide for the purple note was probably removed because it can't slide down as far as the notes on fret 5. The slide on the orange note may appear to start later in-game, but that isn't something you can define in the XML with just tech notes. The game decides when a slide starts, and the only way to control that in the chart is to use additional notes and the linkNext authoring mechanic.

Hello, 
thank

My customs : http://search.customsforge.com/?q=selkis

je suis débutant guitare et basse j'essaye de réaliser mes customs au mieux , pas évident du tout.. si mes customs ne sont pas parfaites désolé.. je fais de mon mieux et je travaille toujours dessus en temps libre.

I'm a beginner guitar and bass I try to make my customs at best, not obvious at all .. if my customs are not perfect sorry .. I do my best and I'm still working on it in free time.

Hi, folks.  The latest hotfix (r1297) is in the first post.  Changes are as follows:*Fixed a bug where changing tracks while tech view was enabled could cause some types of phrases to be removed from the track.*Fixed a bug where the "Note>Remove statuses" function didn't remove ignore or sustain pro guitar statuses.

Ok raynebc, I will send you the files, but later. The thing is this error didn't occur before the RC9 update. I can't really tell why is this happening. I'm not using the linknext status, because of the techview. The error sometimes pops-up and sometimes not. Now it occured to my other custom, when before the update it didn't.

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

I'll need to be able to reproduce the error before I could easily fix it, so if you can provide a project file that reliably results in that error message with a specific list of steps (ie. open the project, enable tech view for a specific track, save the project), it will allow me to correct it.

Raynebc, one request. I know that EoF has a rule that it exports low-density chords if the chord was placed within 10 seconds of another chord (same chord). This messes with the highlight, making people think they should hold their chord for longer than they actually have/need to. Is it possible to either 1) have that limit lowered to maybe 1 second or 2) make that limit user-adjustable, so we (well, I) can test what a good value might be for that rule?

Raynebc, one request. I know that EoF has a rule that it exports low-density chords if the chord was placed within 10 seconds of another chord (same chord). This messes with the highlight, making people think they should hold their chord for longer than they actually have/need to. Is it possible to either 1) have that limit lowered to maybe 1 second or 2) make that limit user-adjustable, so we (well, I) can test what a good value might be for that rule?

If you want chords to display as repeat lines, you have to have the handshape tag long enough to cover multiple chords. Otherwise you can use the "crazy" status on a chord to force it to display as low density (a chord box) and the handshape tag (lane highlighting) won't extend from the first chord to the second. EOF puts two chords into the same handshape tag if they're the same chord and are close enough (10 seconds), but I could probably make that threshold user-configurable.

But you know raynebc - sometimes it occurs and sometimes not. After some changes it saved properly...

When you can reproduce it on-demand, let me know. Until then there's no good way for me to identify the problem.

Got a crash:

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.eof_lookup_chord (tp=0x7ffff09d9010, track=track@entry=9, note=note@entry=289, scale=scale@entry=0x7fffffffd24c, chord=chord@entry=0x7fffffffd250,     isslash=isslash@entry=0x7fffffffd254, bassnote=bassnote@entry=0x7fffffffd258, skipctr=0, skipctr@entry=2, cache=0, cache@entry=96) at tuning.c:547547				notes_played[bass] = 0;	//Remove the bass note from the lookup so the second pass can search for hybrid slash chords(gdb) print bass$1 = -1
Here's the chord EOF didn't know: http://i.imgur.com/b5xdl2e.png

I tried to add something to chordshapes.xml but changing it to bass+2 allowed me to save (I assumed -1+2=1 will be A string).

Doing that will break the detection of the bass note (ie. for slash chords). I authored that chord and while EOF didn't know the fingering for it, the program did not crash. Did you have to add a chord shape definition before the crash would occur? Can you paste that definition here? Are there any other needed conditions for causing this crash?

I just noticed that GP import creates phrases (from measure markers) with blank names. I guess this happens when I remove measure marker and they are just truncated, nevertheless can you just skip section/phrase import if it is blank?

I don't understand what you mean. Could you provide a Guitar Pro file whose phrases/sections import incorrectly?

When i save there's only Rocksmith 2012 files, no RS2, no "showlights" files aswell. Am i doing something wrong? Using r1298.

Go into File>Preferences an enable the option to save separate Rocksmith 2 files. Showlights XML files are not created anymore, the toolkit does that.

Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (r1299) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved RS2 export to support sustain tech notes.

*Fixed a crash that could occur when performing a chord name lookup on a fully string muted chord.

*Updated the "Correct chord fingering" function to alter the regular notes instead of tech notes.

*Disabled the ability to apply fret or finger definitions for tech notes, since they don't use those values.

*Fixed a bug where tech view wasn't disabled when importing a Guitar Pro track, which would cause the import to malfunction.

*Updated Guitar Pro import to create tech notes for any complex bends defined in the imported track.

In an effort to enrage the community, I have gone back to SendSpace. But really, MediaFire wasn't working right in the current stable release of Firefox, and the download counter doesn't work so that's two strikes against it, I'll round up to three just because I already disliked it. Plans for hosting EOF on something besides SendSpace are in the works.

• Like 2