I wanted to provide an update to let everyone know the status since our last August update.
We are proud to announce that ignition4 has completed it's first alpha test.
We found plenty of things to fix but this will not delay our next testing phases. We still plan on running another internal staff test to make sure everything is fixed and polished before we let anyone else check it out. While we are working on that, we are working with Invision Power (creator of our forums) on creating a patch to help us upgrade successfully from 3.4 -> 4.5. I have not received the full report on what they need us to do, but to prep for the upgrade we may need to remove some features / clear some data to help the upgrade process proceed without any hiccups. If this occurs it will be announced on our Partnered Discord first: https://discord.gg/cf
The next steps are crucial if we plan on upgrading the website soon. The following conditions must be met:
1) Purchase IP Board modifications for 4.5 version of the website (donation mod, championship, skin, etc mods that are needed)
2) Internal testing of ignition4 to make sure everything is secure, fast, with no big major bugs or issues
3) Test Migrations of IP Board 3.4->4.5 without hiccups
4) Deploy new servers with the latest OS that cPanel supports
5) A private test with friends of CF
6) Patreons will be able to test the website.
7) Full beta access that will be live for about a week or so, to make sure there are no outstanding issues. If we find problems that may delay the full launch until the issue is resolved.
Once everything is good to go, CustomsForge will be locked down for access for several hours while we start the migration of the old site to the new site. This includes our other sites we host: cfmanager.com & editoronfire.com.
Additionally we are working with our partner RSPlaylist.com to add new features that work between CF and RSPlaylist including linking your CF account, tracking your downloads, etc. More details on this later when we have more information to provide.
I've released some preview images to my patreon that will be exclusive to them until the 19th when I will update this post with the images. You can sub to my patreon for $1 for upcoming beta access + images by visiting here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/42814685
I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback while we work on upgrading the whole CustomsForge experience.