Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

2014-05-15 - Search 2.13 (Instrument Information)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Offline   hdnsmbt

hdnsmbt

Board Member

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 44 thanks
  • LocationVienna, Austria, Europe
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

as you might have noticed on our CDLC submission form, we added a few more data points for the instruments used. You can now choose from these new options when submitting a CDLC:

• [font="'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif;font-size:11px;"] [/font]Capo on Lead Guitar
  • Capo on Rhythm Guitar
  • Slide on Lead Guitar
  • Slide on Rhythm Guitar
  • 5 String Bass Guitar
  • 6 String Bass Guitar
  • 7 String Guitar
  • 12 String Guitar
  • Heavy Gauge Strings Needed
  • Tremolo Suggested[font="'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif;font-size:11px;"] [/font]

These options are now displayed in search as well. If a song uses any of the options mentioned above you will see an extra icon (Posted Image/Posted Image) in the Parts column that you can click on to expand the row and see the additional info. If an icon is below the L icon, that option regards only the Lead arrangement. The icons below the ... icon regard the whole song.

Please note that the extra info can not be sorted. The sorting of the Parts column works the way it did before and does not take into account the newly added Instrument Info. 

Some of you have already uploaded songs that require some of the new options before we had added the new feature and noted that in the song title (e.g. "Be Yourself (Capo Required)"). Please edit your songs and use the appropriate Instrument Info. 

Since we have a lot of icons now, I added a tooltip to each of them. Just hover over an icon for a second and it will pop up and tell you what the icon is for. I'll also add a legend to the Notes section.

Also, this will be the last new feature we cram into Search 2 which is far from the lightweight search it was originally meant to be. Feature requests are always welcome but we're going to try and add those into Search 3 where we have a bit more flexibility. 

As always, please post any issues to our tracker.

I hope you enjoy the new features!

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Thanked by 4 Members:

Offline   Azrael

Azrael

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • 47 thanks
  • LocationGermany

Donator

Thanks for this update! The info about capo etc. is very useful!

Alright... maybe this is a dumb question, but is "slide" some sort of special instrument or piece of gear? Or does this indicate the technique to slide along the neck? Same with "tremolo"...

If it indicates the technique, then I don't see why it should be in that list...

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Offline   hdnsmbt

hdnsmbt

Board Member

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 44 thanks
  • LocationVienna, Austria, Europe

Hey, 

a slide is a special accessory for guitars. It allows for continuous slides without using the frets. 

A tremolo is a special bridge setup that allows the player to adjust the string tension while playing and thus adding a vibrato effect.

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Offline   flummi

flummi

Hardcore Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • 17 thanks

Pretty cool, thanks!

Offline   BHMath

BHMath

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • 188 thanks

A slide is also known as bottleneck

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Offline   Attitude

Attitude

Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • 45 thanks
  • LocationThe Land Of Enchantment
Nice touch. You guys are amazing.

oEDf6vQm.jpg  I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.