Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

UBI official dlc chart question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Offline   phillupdbowl

phillupdbowl

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Can a user release a custom of an official ubi dlc? 

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Donator

no, rules are meant to be read.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   phillupdbowl

phillupdbowl

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Yes, I agree. I believe that you're referring to cf's rules. I'll try to present the inquiry in a different way. Wwise eula states that any project created with their software must be shared across all available outlets, which, in the case of custom rs charts, is cf. The song creator toolkit seems to only accept Wwise. I see no point in sharing official ubi dlc. I also see no point in playing the incorrect notation they placed within the dlc's I purchased. I've spoken with ubi on several occasions about this selling of incorrect tablature. Their advice was to not play the dlc I purchased, and no refunds would be granted for any rs dlc. I just want these charts to be created with the correct notation. This seems like an improbable task... Is there any other means of using the song creator toolkit, without the use of Wwise software? To avoid breaching the Wwise eula. Thanks.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Donator

No cause wwise is what RS use and only them offer the tools to convert the audio to the appropriate proprietary format as far as i'm aware.

Note that if breaching EULA is a concern to you, using CDLC is already a EULA breach of Rocksmith EULA but EULA are not really unforceable in any country as far as i'm aware anyway so i wouldn't necessarily over think this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   phillupdbowl

phillupdbowl

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

I didn't know any of that information. Yeah, I'm notorious for over thinking, as you can see, lol. Thanks a lot and have a nice day! :)