Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Need help figuring out a tone

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Offline   rightseater

rightseater

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I recently made a CDLC for Humble Pie's 30 Days in the Hole, but I can't even get close to getting Steve Marriott's tone for that song. I'd be very appreciative if anyone has some ideas for finding that lead tone. I feel like various Marshall head and cab configurations have been best thus far, but I'm clueless on the pedals.

Offline   322412421

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • 322223131Y#0383

take my tone for either "cradle of forest" or my latest "tokyo mew mew" clean tone

Im already telling you that you would not find anything better because thats an overdrive tone that doesnt sound clean and not distorted and there isnt alot of those and they sounds bad ; i took my time to improve this alot so thats what you get

use the middle pickup switch for this tone

Offline   rightseater

rightseater

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you. The clean tone on tokyo mew mew will work very nicely with only modest adjustment. Very much appreciated and credit will be given with my gratitude.