Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

2014-04-30 - Search 2.12

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Offline   hdnsmbt

hdnsmbt

Board Member

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 44 thanks
  • LocationVienna, Austria, Europe
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Today I've got something very special for you: Song previews!

If the uploader added a link to the song on Youtube you'll see a little Play icon next to the song title. Click it (give it a minute to load) and listen to the song right there on the search page!

We're still working out a few buffs with cached versions of files, so if the Play button seems too big, please just refresh the page and you should get one that fits. 

You know the deal with the tracker by now, I suppose. Please post any issues there. 

Enjoy!

Small stakes leave you with the minimal blues

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • 322 thanks

Idea with preview are awesome, but can we play only audio instead video, can we? just thinking about that video is too much(too heavy)

Online   BHMath

BHMath

Touring Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • 188 thanks

I think this icon should be in its own column.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Offline   hdnsmbt

hdnsmbt

Board Member

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 44 thanks

Idea with preview are awesome, but can we play only audio instead video, can we? just thinking about that video is too much(too heavy)

Actually, you shouldn't see the video at all. Did you refresh the page?

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • 322 thanks

@hdnsmbt I got flash block so I founded you moved video to bg and left corner of the page, thats lame :(

Offline   hdnsmbt

hdnsmbt

Board Member

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 44 thanks

@hdnsmbt I got flash block so I founded you moved video to bg and left corner of the page, thats lame :(

I'm open for suggestions if anyone knows a better way. 

Offline   bob64

bob64

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • 6 thanks

Hmm, looks like we're getting crowded a bit in terms of column spacing.

Suggest you reduce the amount of space around the stars on the first column and perhaps the download button padding.

Also, while doing that, suggest you also make the cell backgrounds clickable for all the columns, instead of just the text... effectively enlarging the buttons, while still taking up minimal space.

Offline   hdnsmbt

hdnsmbt

Board Member

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • 44 thanks

Hmm, looks like we're getting crowded a bit in terms of column spacing.

Suggest you reduce the amount of space around the stars on the first column and perhaps the download button padding.

Also, while doing that, suggest you also make the cell backgrounds clickable for all the columns, instead of just the text... effectively enlarging the buttons, while still taking up minimal space.

I agree. There's a lot going on with all the new features. I definitely recommend hiding some of the columns in the Search Settings. You can for example set your default order to Date added and hide that column. 

I will look into reducing column widths like you said. 

By enlarging the buttons, did you mean the filter links for artist, song, album etc.? 

Offline   bob64

bob64

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • 6 thanks

For enlarging buttons i meant the background of the cell behind the text. Right now you have to hover over the text directy, but if you hover over the white space around the text, it doesn't do anything but highlight the row. I think making that white space clickable would be better.