Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Our end of the month goal is up. $350 Remain click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 13 (Nov)

Photo

Move all beats?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

The song I'm working on right now is really long -- almost 11 minutes. And I made a mistake while setting the beatmap.

The song starts on an offbeat, but I chose the wrong one. It should start at the 2:2 (second measure 2nd) beat, but I started it at the 2:4 (second measure 4th) beat.

Is there a way to drag the entire beatmap forward two beats?

I've tried adding/padding beats, but this seems to rewrite the waveform, not move the beat markers.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to start again from scratch...

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Donator

Adjusting the first beat doesn't work? If there isn't any anchor, all the beat should move accordingly to the first one.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Adjusting the first beat doesn't work? If there isn't any anchor, all the beat should move accordingly to the first one.

No, I already made the beatmap for the entire song -- it was only when I was finished that I realized the mistake. So all of the anchors are in place.

Offline   opensec

opensec

CDLC Developer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

what if you change the signature time of the measures before the song starts?

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

what if you change the signature time of the measures before the song starts?

Hmm... that might just work.

Because later in the song, the band makes its own shift (which is probably why I made my mistake), which means my mistake gets corrected.

I'll give it a try. Though it's not a big deal redoing the beatmap, that's the easy part -- at least for this song.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,898 posts
If you don't need to move the beat positions only drop the first two from the beginning, you can use the "Beat>Push offset up" function twice.

Offline   cstewart

cstewart

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

The song I'm working on right now is really long -- almost 11 minutes. And I made a mistake while setting the beatmap.

The song starts on an offbeat, but I chose the wrong one. It should start at the 2:2 (second measure 2nd) beat, but I started it at the 2:4 (second measure 4th) beat.

Is there a way to drag the entire beatmap forward two beats?

I've tried adding/padding beats, but this seems to rewrite the waveform, not move the beat markers.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to start again from scratch...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by setting the beatmap.  Do you mean you're dragging the beat markers in EOF to line up with where the beat is in the song?

If so, you can just count back 4 beats (or 2 beats if you're half a measure off) and start the measures there and it should adjust all the other measures accordingly without having to move anything.

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by setting the beatmap.  Do you mean you're dragging the beat markers in EOF to line up with where the beat is in the song?

If so, you can just count back 4 beats (or 2 beats if you're half a measure off) and start the measures there and it should adjust all the other measures accordingly without having to move anything.

Yes, I mean I've moved the markers to line up with the beat (fortunately this song has a snare drum through most of it!). So they're all anchored already.

I'm not sure what you mean by "count back" -- do you mean reset the time signature from a different beat? Hmm... I'm going to go try that...

Edit: Yes, this works. Sort of... I think the band makes a couple of time signature changes (or mistakes?) in the song... probably a bit over my head at this point. Think i'll stick to easier songs for now.

Offline   cstewart

cstewart

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

You can also set the changes to different time signatures within the song if you can work out where they are.  I had one where there was a half measure added onto the end of every chorus. 

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

You can also set the changes to different time signatures within the song if you can work out where they are.  I had one where there was a half measure added onto the end of every chorus. 

It's hard to say if it's a time change or a mistake - it happens after a pause in the song. Seems like they just didn't count all the way to four before coming back in.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,898 posts
You could always just author that as a time signature change, ie:
4/4            2/4   4/4| : : : | : : : | : : | : : : | ...

Offline   MVega

MVega

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Yep, that's what I'm planning to do. I need to go through the song a few more times though, see if there's other points where this happens -- if there's a pattern to it, it'll be easier.