Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Anyone else here use their amp to play Rocksmith?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Offline   brushmaker

brushmaker

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Guys some great help on this topic as I was struggling to find a solution to play RS-14 through my Marshall core 25 amp, Donator your a star mate I have bought the Y-cable (UK) Amazon works fine I have a little humming noise but I can live with that, it's worse though when I have some of the effects/amp setting on the Core 24 module amp so have to play around a little with some of the settings.

Question is not too sue if I can do this but could I have it run through my Boss RC30 looper.

Anyway I can live with playing with the Y-cable if I cant.

Thanks again guys 

Offline   KingCobra

KingCobra

Master Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • LocationKekistan
@brushmaker

Have you tried the Y splitter from the guitar into the RC-30's left and right inputs. Then sending the left output to your amp and the right output to your PC via the Rocksmith cable?

Offline   brushmaker

brushmaker

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

Many thanks KingCobra, I haven't tried that setup yet but I will on your advise and let you know how it works.

Many thanks

Offline   Blondie

Blondie

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationslagelse denmark

I use my amp too, it makes a big difference in your play.

I use Lehle P-splitter to split the signal, and it adds ground (no noise)

Offline   wrentheseedling

wrentheseedling

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWashington State

User's Awards

I've noticed I can hear my guitars much better when I swap my output from the computer soundcard to my little beringer thing (U-phoria UMC22), don't actually need the splitter from some reason.  I just go straight from the output/monitor jack into the amp instrument input. Works for me at least.  Bought the Beringer originally so I could record and play back my guitar with better quality, but the output is quite good as well.

--Wren

Offline   QOTSANINSOADKORN

QOTSANINSOADKORN

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

I found out that it's the power in my building.

the same intense noise started again last night when i had my schecter hellraiser and the rocksmith cable plugged into the ABY box.  then i unplugged the power from my laptop and the noise completely stopped.  

verified its the same if 2 amps and not the laptop is plugged in...

some other issue entirely :/ have no idea how to fix it.  Going to have to do some intense research.

I generally try to play on clean too, but sometimes i like to lie to myself ;)

Get a UPS?

Recent Additions: Various Final Fantasy 7 8 9 , Tim Minchin - So F*cking Rock, Hans Zimmer - Dream Is Collapsing,

Daft Punk - Short Circuit, Forces - BERSERK - Animé - 1997, Korn - Ball Tongue (E Standard Transposed) (Instrumental)

_________________________________________________________________________________

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL... After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =  :)