Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Feburary's end of the month goal is up. Your support keeps us running. You can donate via: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | CustomsForge Newsletter (Issue 16) | Riot grrrl Special

Photo

Edit End Of Chart

- - - - -

Best Answer firekorn, 13 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

RS will always play the full audio track as far as i'm aware.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Offline   stump3r

stump3r

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Need some help. Have a couple charts that run long after importing into EOF. Is there a way to edit the end of chart place holder within EOF? I've searched and searched and can't find the answer, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline   stump3r

stump3r

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Found my answer, having a DUH moment! Admin can delete the post if they wish. 

Offline   dilberturiel

dilberturiel

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

I would like to realize this DUH moment. I have a song in EOF that I need to stop way before the mp3 track ends and "Edit > Set End Point" doesn't seem to stop the song. How can I move that red bar to the left?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
"Set start point" and "Set end point" are used to select a portion of the chart for certain operations such as defining the preview audio or exporting part of the chart to another project.

I don't recall if Rocksmith supports a way to force the chart to end the chart before the audio ends, maybe one of the developers or authors here can clarify that. Otherwise I think you may have to edit the chart audio (ie. guitar.ogg) outside of EOF (with a program like Audacity) to delete some of the audio to force it to end sooner.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 4,196 posts

Donator

✓  Best Answer

RS will always play the full audio track as far as i'm aware.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   dilberturiel

dilberturiel

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Bringing the .mp3 into Audacity, cutting off the unwanted end, and re-exporting the .mp3. So I had to pretty much start over. It would be nice to adjust the end of the song manually. 

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 4,196 posts

Donator

@dilberturiel you can just edit the guitar.ogg and have nothing to change or edit in EOF at all.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,923 posts
Exactly. As long as you didn't change the beginning of the audio and you only deleted something from the end of guitar.ogg, your chart retains the same sync it had.

You would have to delete the WAV file EOF creates so it recreates it to reflect the shortened guitar.ogg file though.