Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Thanks Chainbrain (follow him on Twitch) for the $150 Donation and everyone else who has contributed.
March Goal is now up! Thank you for your contribution.

Official Patreon | Buy a shirt! ($12.87 on Amazon) [ON SALE!]
We make 0% profit from the sale, we are doing this to spread the love.
We're looking for a designer for shirts. If you are interested PM Unleashed2k on discord.

Photo

GP5 to Eof efficiently

- - - - - triplets ties gP5 EoF Bar lines

Best Answer raynebc, 09 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

EOF does accept dots, triplets and generally what you see in GP5 is what you get in EOF except for exotic types of notation. If you can demonstrate otherwise, please provide a GP5 file demonstrating this. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Offline   mczero

mczero

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

I'm looking for a more efficient way to use GP5 when transcribing a complex solo. GP5 is very strict on timing for example when writing a 5 notes into one beat of a 4/4 bar, triplets or dotted notes or some other tie has to be used to perfect the timing of the bar.  Otherwise a red bar error results. Eof doesn't accept dots or triplets.  I wasted a lot of time on this in GP5 only to find Eof ignores bars and the timing of the notes is adjustable anyhow. So has anyone found a way of entering notes in GP5 without error and without ties and dots so to keep GP5 happy and then adjust timing in EoF if necessary?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • 723 thanks
✓  Best Answer
EOF does accept dots, triplets and generally what you see in GP5 is what you get in EOF except for exotic types of notation. If you can demonstrate otherwise, please provide a GP5 file demonstrating this.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,459 posts
  • 489 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

Same as Raynebc, i still have to find situation where the timing in GP5 differs from the timing i get in EOF. Of course that suppose that the beatmap is correct in the first place.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   mczero

mczero

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • 3 thanks

Thanks Raynbc,

Looks like I've been misinformed or got out of date info. I will continue  as planned with dots and triplets.

Cheers,

mczero

Offline   fripponomic

fripponomic

Stratist

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• 2,055 posts
  • 152 thanks
  • LocationGermany

User's Awards

Â 

just double dotted notes are not accepted as I remember

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• 2,596 posts
  • 723 thanks
I'm not aware of Guitar Pro 5 supporting double dotted notes. If somebody can show that it does, I'll look into it.