Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Thanks Chainbrain (follow him on Twitch) for the $150 Donation and everyone else who has contributed.
March Goal is now up! Thank you for your contribution.
We have reverted the ad changes made yesterday. It was a test, thank you for understanding & consider white listing us.

Official Patreon | Buy a shirt! ($12.87 on Amazon) [ON SALE!]

Photo

Problems loading rocksmith, any help appreciated

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Offline   piraccc

piraccc

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Last year some type of update prevented my mouse (Mac powerbook) from clicking on options. I could use my cursor to hover and highlight, but clicking did nothing, Id have to press enter, no big deal. Now my Rocksmith will load up to the main title page, I can put my cursor on BEGIN, it highlights, but nothing seems to activate it. Now pressing enter (or any key) just gives me a "dunk" tone. 

Any ideas appreciated, thank you kindly

Online   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  • 489 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France
  • Rocksmith:Steam

@piraccc Which version of the Mac OS do you have cause High Sierra is known to cause issue with the keyboard in Rocksmith.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   piraccc

piraccc

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

YES! that helped me find other threads that ID'd High Seirra as the culprit.

It looks like there is a .ini (?) change i can make, but not sure how to access this line. 

Still working on it, thanks for the help! 

if you know a good thread on this please let me know

Offline   Tmlt

Tmlt

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • 32 thanks

right click Rocksmith in Steam and choose "browse local files" you will then get to the folder that holds Rocksmith.ini. Rename the file to Rocksmith.txt, edit it, and the rename it back to Rocksmith.ini and save.

Offline   BeardedPain

BeardedPain

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

I can confirm keyboard works after editing locksmith.ini file and changing fullscreen to = 0, mine was at 2. then save it. Edit the file with TextEdit, that should already be on our mac, choose 'open with' and scroll to 'TextEdit. This change takes the game out of full screen mode which lets the keyboard work again.

It took me a while to find this fix but that works...

But unfortunately that isn't the only issue that comes with the mac update... Now the cdlc aren't working.... none that i've tried so far anyway.... irritated....

Online   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  • 489 thanks
  • LocationVillers-CotterĂȘts, France

@BeardedPain You need to apply the patch again after the update to get CDLC to work again

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   BeardedPain

BeardedPain

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Dammit, i'm in the process of reinstalling, probably should have remembered this from when i first downloaded. well. Thanks