Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Photo

Best sites recommendations for accurate tabs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Offline   RedCrowBleeding

RedCrowBleeding

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • 6 thanks

Donator

Could we get a sticky thread for:

Best sites recommendations for accurate tabs

All recommendations welcomed.
(I've sunk to having to convert charted/scored music to tab: whilst trying to find a decent version of 'Damn I wish I was your lover').

Can I recommend an instant Ban on anyone who mentions 'ultimate guitar'

EDIT: So far we have;

ultimate guitar (good luck finding anything accuarate here)

Alt - source someone who creates tabs,
Recommended:-

(note if your in doubt about the accuracy always check a few live and videos, particularly live studio videos).

Offline   JamesPrestonUK

JamesPrestonUK

"You're like an awesome CDLC machine!" (c) Jo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • 636 thanks

Are there any such sites...? ;-)

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts
  • 342 thanks

For accurate tabs you can go with buying tabs off pro musicians like firekorn answered to one guy @ discord chat, so I like that idea since it would be the best option, like Ubi do it themselves. still free tabs at Songsterr, UG, gtp-tabs or sites like 911 tabs hit average point of quality and we see lots of those here made in cdlc actually :)

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,826 posts
  • 542 thanks

Donator

I always get my tab around ultimate guitar or songsterr and adjust them myself if i need to (and sometimes i don't really need to do much of anything but it's rare). If you want really accurate tab, you'll have to pay for it, there's no secret there.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanked by 1 Member:

RedCrowBleeding

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • 6 thanks

Donator

I always get my tab around ultimate guitar or songsterr and adjust them myself if i need to (and sometimes i don't really need to do much of anything but it's rare). If you want really accurate tab, you'll have to pay for it, there's no secret there.

I've updated the original post, in regards to recommendations authors for creating tabs (note NOT CDLC) is it even ok to post this info here?

or ceate a list of reliable authors?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,826 posts
  • 542 thanks

Donator

Sure, i don't see any reason for such a list not to be tolerated especially if it helps people find better tab as long as it's not site that offers pirated copy of tab book and such obviously.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

RedCrowBleeding

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • 6 thanks

Donator

Good to know.

As figure this list could be invaluable resource for intimidates and beginners

After having looked at things like Marty Music videos, etc. as you do when you first start to try pickup a guitar & then discover what you've been shown is little more than humming along badly to song (e.g. if a tutorial is shorter than the song its self, it very very likely wrong).

The same can be said of various tab books (e.g. the recent 'New Model Army' official version I came across) which are just straight up dumbed  down and wrong.

I figured being able to point people in the right direction and with correct advice as to how to qualify the accuracy has to be a good thing.