Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We need to get half of our donation completed goal asap. Any amount helps click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 13 (Nov)

Photo

Double Stop Bends With Different Values Per String

- - - - - double stop bends EOF XML Bends

Best Answer raynebc, 18 November 2018 - 03:44 AM

By now, a pre-bend tech note status is available to author this. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Offline   ProfMusic

ProfMusic

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 45 posts
Hello

I was asked to add this to the EOF fourm section so that EOF devs can have a read and see if this can be added into the software or atleast explain it for anyone else to do this double stop bedn with different values.

I wanted to add a double stop bend to my CDLC Rock n Roll Star by Oasis this bend is in the chorus of the song and requires the strings to bend at different values as show.

25klyef.jpg

To get the desired effect i tried many things but could get the result I wanted so I turned to CF's discord for help, lucky two clever users I)ark_Seph and Firekorn where there to help me out.

So in EOF you need to find the bend you want to do this on you need to highlight the bend and go to Edit Guitar Pro Note (n key), here you split all the notes that are highlighted.

2mmaezq.jpg

Next you need to save the song and find the tracks .xml file then open it in notepad or notepad++ to make it easier.

Using the timing form EOF locate the bend code in the file.

2073p6g.jpg

Then edit the desired string e.g string 3 to a full bend instead of a half bend do it to all the code that needs it to be done and save the file.

2wqqx79.jpg

Then you can compile the song in RStoolkit and test it out on RS.

Sadly if you need to edit any of your chart in EOF you will have to do all above again as EOF overwrites the changes.

Here is the result

nwk2g0.png

Hope this helps users and hopefully the devs can add into EOF with a future patch.

Thanks for reading  :)

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
I think you should already be able to define this in EOF by using tech notes. You'd have to place the tech notes at least one ms apart so that you could define a different bend strength for each string, but otherwise it should do the trick.

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 4,183 posts

Donator

@raynebc Except that a pre-bend value must be on the note head so in this specific case where it's a chord, you can't put different value at the exact same time which is required for the pre-bend.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   ProfMusic

ProfMusic

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 45 posts
@raynebc think thats what i tried first but no joy.

Offline   ProfMusic

ProfMusic

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 45 posts
@firekorn yes it was the pre bend that didnt want to work

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,898 posts
I missed that you needed to pre-bend by different bend amounts. EOF has no way to author a chord that way. I hadn't pursued a special method to author this because it seemed especially rare that people would need it. I think you could get pretty close by authoring that last chord as two single notes that begin close to and overlap each other (ie. apply "crazy" status to the earlier note that will overlap the other). It won't display the exact same way as a chord, but you could put a handshape around it to hopefully get pretty close (it would have chord fingerings like an arpeggio section but no actual chord box), ie:
r85ei4v58cok8946g.jpg

To make it easier to place the technote on either note if it is not grid snapped, you can place the tech note just after it and while that tech note is selected, use the "Note>Rocksmith>Move t.n. to prev note" function. Then just apply the appropriate bend strength to each of the tech notes.

Offline   ProfMusic

ProfMusic

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 45 posts
Mmm ill try that out thanks :)

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 4,183 posts

Donator

So i finally saw it on an official DLC that is Freedom by Jimi Hendrix, just in case someone want to investigate this further :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,898 posts
Would anybody else end up making use of a pre-bend tech note status?

Offline   firekorn

firekorn

• Administrator

• 4,183 posts

Donator

Well i might use it even if the song that would require it are probably rare but i at least see how it can solve some situation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,898 posts
✓  Best Answer
By now, a pre-bend tech note status is available to author this.

Offline   ProfMusic

ProfMusic

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Can you explain how to do this now in EOF if its now part of tech view cheers.

id do it the old way but the images are gone and im struggling to figure it all out again lol

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,898 posts
For each note: You have to place a tech note, apply pre-bend status to it and define the bend strength. It should look something like this:
9fe1F5U.jpg