Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.
Our next goal to hit is $650 by 10/16

Photo

A fatal CFSM application error

Error Beta

4 replies to this topic

Offline   Mekanizm

Mekanizm

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationFinland
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Donator

I've been using earlier versions of the song manager the latest updates both stable and the beta give me this error. I get it no matter what i do and i think i tried every remedy there was when searching the same error. Please halp i have so many duplicates D:

SongManagerError.PNG

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • 176 thanks
  • LocationUSA

@Mekanizm  Make an archive copy zip/rar of the 'CFSM' folder that is located in 'My Document'.  Upload the rar/zip to dropbox or google docs and then PM me the link and I will take a look.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without saying ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports.

Offline   Mekanizm

Mekanizm

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationFinland

Donator

Sorry that took me a while to get back to this. Sending you a pm.

Offline   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • 176 thanks
  • LocationUSA

For the benifit of the thread readers, I am posting excerpt from my PM response below:

There's not much to go on since the songsInfo.xml file is missing from the CFSM folder.

From the debug.log file:

[2017.10.06 13.48.43]: Parsing archives from F:\redacted\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc took: 38549 (msec)
[2017.10.06 13.49.19]: User aborted deleting CFSM folder and subfolders from My Documents ...

Here's what I would try:

1) Rename the F:\redacted\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc folder to 'dlc_backup'

2) Create a new empty 'dlc' folder and copy only one known good oDLC psarc into the 'dlc' folder for testing.

3) Restart CFSM.   You should answer yes and allow CFSM to delete the working folders from My Documents if asked.

4) Select the new 'dlc' folder that has only one oDLC inside (if asked) and see if CFSM runs as expected.

If this works then try coping all oDLC and CDLC over from the F:\redacted\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc_backup folder back to the clean 'dlc' folder.

If CFSM throws the same error then you may have a corrupt CDLC that is causing the issue.  You will have to hunt and find (quarantine) to fix if this is the case.  As you pointed out some of your file naming is dubious.  As an example,  '[2017.10.06 13.48.38]:  - The Cranberries - Zombie (3 Distinct Guitar Parts) L = Dolores R = Hogan clean BR = Hogan dist_v1_p.psarc'

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without saying ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports.

Offline   Mekanizm

Mekanizm

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationFinland

Donator

Thanks for the help. For now it seems there is a corrupted file, so i'll have to go through my things and see what file/files has gone bad.

EDIT:

Ironically it was some archaic custom version of The Kinks - You Really Got Me. The song really got me.

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Edited by Mekanizm, 15 October 2017 - 11:09 AM.

Reply to this topic