Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.
Our next goal to hit is $650 by 10/16

Photo

Does anyone have a dual monitor fix?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Offline   yuppicide

yuppicide

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

This game crashes soon as I open it. I own RockSmith and 2014. Tech support told me I have to unplug my second monitor. It may fix the issue. This is unrealistic for many reasons:

1 - Full tower case is heavy, is in the corner of my room, and a little hard to reach around. Even if I do reach around I can't see back there and have to get a flashlight.

2- My computer is the only source of entertainment in my house (besides a cell phone). So I am switching tasks often. One minute I could be playing Counter Strike, next minute watching a movie, next minute RockSmith, next surfing the web. I cannot be expected to plug and unplug 10 to 20 times a day. I also do not want to put that kind of strain on my cable and HDMI port.

I don't expect the game to run on two monitors wide, nor do I want it to. I just want it to run. My old system with one monitor it ran fine. I upgraded to dual monitors and I'll never go back.

Offline   Xellot

Xellot

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLubbock, TX

yes I do.. Bro.. here's a tip.. USE YOUR TV AS YOUR MONITOR!!  lol   I used to have the same issue.. And you can get any hdmi conversion cable for your tablet, laptop, or desktop computer at your local walmart which is open 24\7!!!  I'd go somewhere like Best Buy first.  But if it's late at night when you see this go get one!  They're like 15 bucks..  Maybe cheaper.. all you need is that cable which is an hdmi conversion cable btw!  and that's it! If i need to do something i display one webpage on my Tablet (Surface Pro) and then I use my 46inch TV as my main monitor... If you're using Windows 10 it's under the Extend option.  Duplicate just shows one screen on both.  and I mainly always just use the second screen option only.. meaning it displays on my TV the entire time, and keeps the screen on my tablet off!  But if you want to run dual monitors select the extend option and it becomes one big ass desktop across however many monitors you have hooked up!  My father uses 4 screens for his work, and browsing lol!  Pretty badass set up.  Anyway pm me if you have any questions!

Online   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • 455 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@yuppicide I run the game in windowed mode and i never had any crash even though i have two monitor.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   MaZtoR

MaZtoR

Great A'Tuin

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • 54 thanks
  • LocationSweden, Åhus

User's Awards

I ran 2 monitors a few months back and never had a problem on either full screen or windows mode.

Offline   shepardbr

shepardbr

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 10 thanks

Donator

I have had five monitors with out RS crashing. I am currently back to two, but I have never had the problem you have. Maybe you are using motherboard video? I have a GTX 1070 so maybe thats why.

Offline   yuppicide

yuppicide

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

I do not like extended desktop. there's a bezel around monitors and a little space in between. I have monitors setup to mirror image the desktop.. so I have two desktops that are independent of each other.. two taskbars, two desktops I can drop icons on. So on the left my games open.. on the right I can browse the web or watch movies.

As for television.. you don't need a conversion cable.. just a regular HDMI cable will do. I've got a 50" television. I don't play games on it, but I do stream video to it.

I've got a $2000+ computer. My video card alone was $800. So I'm more than capable to do anything.

yes I do.. Bro.. here's a tip.. USE YOUR TV AS YOUR MONITOR!!  lol   I used to have the same issue.. And you can get any hdmi conversion cable for your tablet, laptop, or desktop computer at your local walmart which is open 24\7!!!  I'd go somewhere like Best Buy first.  But if it's late at night when you see this go get one!  They're like 15 bucks..  Maybe cheaper.. all you need is that cable which is an hdmi conversion cable btw!  and that's it! If i need to do something i display one webpage on my Tablet (Surface Pro) and then I use my 46inch TV as my main monitor... If you're using Windows 10 it's under the Extend option.  Duplicate just shows one screen on both.  and I mainly always just use the second screen option only.. meaning it displays on my TV the entire time, and keeps the screen on my tablet off!  But if you want to run dual monitors select the extend option and it becomes one big ass desktop across however many monitors you have hooked up!  My father uses 4 screens for his work, and browsing lol!  Pretty badass set up.  Anyway pm me if you have any questions!

Offline   yuppicide

yuppicide

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

I've got a GTX 1080. 32GB memory, i7 6700k 4.2Ghz processor. I've got more than enough to run anything. 

I have had five monitors with out RS crashing. I am currently back to two, but I have never had the problem you have. Maybe you are using motherboard video? I have a GTX 1070 so maybe thats why.

Offline   shepardbr

shepardbr

Master Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 10 thanks

Donator

I've got a GTX 1080. 32GB memory, i7 6700k 4.2Ghz processor. I've got more than enough to run anything. 

Maybe a reinstall? Driver update? I have no idea.....sorry I hate it when someone says "works for me" but I don't see any reason it won't run. I couldn't run on a single monitor again so I feel your pain.

Offline   yuppicide

yuppicide

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

I've already been through a reinstall. Some of the instructions the tech support gave me to try don't apply.. I had already told him I am on Windows 10 and he gave me a generic pasted answer.

As for unplugging the second monitor I never did it.. I just never felt like it because I'm only gonna play Rocksmith say 20 minutes or less then move on then move back then move on, vicious cycle.

Maybe a reinstall? Driver update? I have no idea.....sorry I hate it when someone says "works for me" but I don't see any reason it won't run. I couldn't run on a single monitor again so I feel your pain.

Online   firekorn

firekorn

Done Nothing for the Community

• Administrator

• 3,217 posts
  • 455 thanks
  • LocationVillers-Cotterêts, France

@yuppicide you could try to see if it works with the extended desktop instead of the duplicate one.

Note that Windows 10 offers better options for extended desktop than older windows version.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Offline   Rodman

Rodman

AAA

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• 3,459 posts
  • 208 thanks
  • LocationKlagenfurt, Austria

User's Awards

1) Update the nvida driver!

2) if there is still a problem try to make the other monitor primary and check

3) if still persists try windowed mode.

4) if persists delete (after backup) the .ini file in your rocksmith root dir

And report back. I've been running rs on multiple systems with usually 2-3 monitors includind beamers and all is Great.

We make that work!