Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.
Our next goal to hit is $650 by 10/16

Photo

Rocksmith custom song toolkit error

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Offline   King000000001

King000000001

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Rocksmith:Steam

every time i open the custom song toolkit kit i get an error called unhandled exception and a long error message i have mono properly installed and the newest toolkit

Offline   JacobOwnzU

JacobOwnzU

Expert Guitarist

• Magna Charter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • PSN:JacobOwnzU

every time i open the custom song toolkit kit i get an error called unhandled exception and a long error message i have mono properly installed and the newest toolkit

Maybe there's an error inside of the directory. Try a different dlc in the toolkit. I've had this same error before, I just used the old one

Offline   I)ark_Seph

I)ark_Seph

Moderator and Magna Charter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationTexas
@King000000001 If your using the old Mac toolkit, don’t use it. Try my Wine port of the toolkit RSToolktWine here: http://customsforge....ases-9-28-2017/

Conversions, DDC, Wwise integration, Psarc creation, etc should all work properly. If it asks, you may have to install XQuartz.

Neal Schon. Master of melody.

Expect new and improved Journey CDLCs in the future...... and more CDLCs in general. ;)

Check out my CDLCs here: I)ark_Seph's Customs

Download latest RSToolkitWine:                      Download latest CFSM(Mac Beta):

Latest RSToolkitWine release                           CFSM (Mac Beta)  

Offline   Alex360

Alex360

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 313 thanks

@King000000001 I'm 100% with Septh, mono version of the toolkit won't get all functions from windows brother, so you'd better get a 300mb version of the bottled toolkit other that trying to solve mono+macOS issues on your own ;)

Mono version left for guys who use custom scripts based off mono version of the toolkit.

Offline   I)ark_Seph

I)ark_Seph

Moderator and Magna Charter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationTexas

I wouldn’t recommended using custom scripts, unless you have experience on how conversion works internally. I mean if your curious about using custom scripts, here some.

RSUtils by 0x0L: https://github.com/0x0L/rs-utils

That uses Python scripts and runs on Wine just like toolkit does via Homebrew. Requires Homebrew as well to get Wwise authoring tools running. Takes up less space, but requires more work just to do one thing. I have used this before, and I had success with it.

There’s more, but I will find it and post it here.

@Alex360 Is that really how you spelled my name? xD jk

Neal Schon. Master of melody.

Expect new and improved Journey CDLCs in the future...... and more CDLCs in general. ;)

Check out my CDLCs here: I)ark_Seph's Customs

Download latest RSToolkitWine:                      Download latest CFSM(Mac Beta):

Latest RSToolkitWine release                           CFSM (Mac Beta)  

Online   JustinAiken

JustinAiken

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • 4 thanks

There’s more

https://github.com/0x0L/rocksmith is like "version2" of the rs-utils

https://github.com/JustinAiken/rsgt -> Ruby gem I use to automate and explore lots of things

- But it relies on both the mono rscustom toolkit, and the python rocksmith library