Welcome to CustomsForge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Donate

Don't forget to join our Partnered Discord, like us on Facebook and Twitter!
Donate to our monthly goal to keep us running.

Photo

Custom Song Manager infected with viruses?!?! WTF

- - - - -

Best Answer conrad, 11 July 2017 - 07:52 AM

cozy1   tried the beta from the link you said to try and it works great.  Thanks

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Offline   mudhorn

mudhorn

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationVentura, California
  • Rocksmith:Steam

Windows defender just nuked the song manager for having TWO FUCKING VIRUSES!! 

WHAT
THE
FUCK????

Online   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts
  • 704 thanks
False positives as usual. It happens to even the best AV products.

Offline   thestraysheep

thestraysheep

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Any idea what keeps causing these false positives? It does seem rather usual to me that this keeps being an issue.

Online   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • 173 thanks
  • LocationUSA

Most likely because CFSM is being distributed/downloaded as an executable file rather than an archive.  Most AV tries to protect you from downloading executables.  Have a look here for how to AV whitelist CFSM and CF site.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without saying ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports.

Online   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • 173 thanks
  • LocationUSA

@group  Try downloading the latest CFSM beta from this link  http://appdev.cfmana...//CFSMSetup.rar and post your results.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Release of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Test Build of  Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Beta of Customs Forge Song Manager

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without saying ... make sure you are using the latest Test/Beta build before submitting bug reports.

Offline   conrad

conrad

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCanada
✓  Best Answer

cozy1   tried the beta from the link you said to try and it works great.  Thanks

Online   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • 173 thanks
  • LocationUSA

Thanks for feedback.  @Unleashed2k will update the CF permalinks to the beta and release versions of CFSM  soon so you will be able to download through those again.

Offline   tupoloflyer

tupoloflyer

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationTopeka, Kansas

your getting my hopes up...  i tried downloading the .rar file without changing any of my av program, and it loads and saves.  wonderful.  i tried installing and the program starts up like normal, starts checking my existing dlc files, then stops with a popup box that has   paint   in the top left corner and the text:  

C:\.......\CFSM\debug.log

paint cannot read this file

this is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported.

this also shows a paint icon on the task bar for the popup window

any suggestions??  i haven't seen this one before.  i tried deleting the file, but the message keeps coming back and once i red x or OK the box, it closes out cfsm.

p.s. i did deactivate my av and reran the cfsm, but no change

Online   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • 173 thanks
  • LocationUSA

Your old song.Info.xml file probably contains some paths that are no longer compatible with the new version of CFSM. 

Please download the latest version of CFSM which will increment SongDataListCurrentVersion so that your song.Info.xml file is properly regenerated.  http://appdev.cfmana...//CFSMSetup.rar  This should fix the issue.  Please let me know if does.

Offline   tupoloflyer

tupoloflyer

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationTopeka, Kansas

i downloaded the 1.3.3.2 (whichever you had listed above).  i did not deactivate my av, and everything came in fabulous.  installed cfsm, it starts going through my dlc, then hangs and gives me the "paint" message again.  when it does this i cannot get back into cfsm to check the log, so i am stuck with just closing the error window which then shuts cfsm completely.  i did go into the program manager and uninstall the existing cfsm, then installed the new one.  this was when it started going through the dlc instead of throwing up the message right away.  but deleting the existing did not seem to correct it completely.   i'm getting anxious as it looks like this is getting closer and closer to being ready to run, just if we can find the hangups on this one.   i'm open to suggestions

btw, thanks for all your time and help on this.  really do love your work

Offline   tupoloflyer

tupoloflyer

Expert Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationTopeka, Kansas

ok, i managed to snag the last few entries before the message appears, hope this helps...

loaded fresh song collection file....

saved song  collection file...

loaded saved song collection file...

loaded settings file...

exception(DirectoryNotFoundException): could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\rocksmith2014\cfsm\archives'

Online   cozy1

cozy1

Master Peon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • 173 thanks
  • LocationUSA

@tupoloflyer  Please join the discussion here.

Check the last thread message and download the latest revision for testing.  Thanks